Chapter 18: Conflict

Part ako ng prep team kaya okay lang na hindi ganoon kabongga ng suot ko. Just to blend in, nagsuot lang din ako ng light green off-shoulder draped blouse and white pencil-cut skirt.

Not that I hate weddings but really, nakakaantok ang ceremony kung audience ka lang, especially with this kind of setup na ang iba, nanonood lang sa TV from the auditorium para lang makita ang mga nasa cherub fountain na ikinakasal.

I was busy checking my emails kasi nagsunod-sunod ang email sa akin na hindi ko pa natse-check mula pa noong nakaraang two weeks. Finishing kami ng suits that time so I made an auto-reply na babalikan ko sila after my current commitment.

Umaasa akong walang importanteng content doon until I saw an email from Sun-Dias Inc.

Bigla akong kinabahan dahil ang tagal ko nang walang response sa kanila.

They handled all my endorsements and ads. Agency rin nila ang gumawa ng branding ko. I am the face of Sabrina's, and that brand was under Sun-Dias. I worked hard for that specific brand, and Mum knew what I'd been through just to get this big-time opportunity to have my own name aside from being a Dardenne.

Hi Sabrina,

I hope you're doing well.

It has come to my office that you are planning to get married soon, and we already received the notice from your office.

May I remind you about the terms of our contract:

3.2.2

To maintain the face of Sabrina's, the client must remain on her civil status: single, to keep the brand exclusive for single women.

We are still in consideration of your trademark revocation. I am hoping you have time so we can talk privately regarding your upcoming wedding and the termination of our contract.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in my office.

Sincerely,

Olga J. Serrano
Senior Vice President
Sun-Dias Inc.

It felt like I lost all my energy after reading that email.

Shit.

Ire-revoke nila ang trademark ko?!

Mabilis kong tinakbo ang puwesto nina Mum na nanonood ng wedding mula sa mga upuan na malapit sa fountain. Doon ako sumiksik sa likuran nila na puro na flower decors.

Yumuko ako para bulungan agad si Mum.

"Mum, care to explain about Madame Olga's notice about my brand revocation?"

Mum barely looked at me and was contented with her slight glance at her back. "Sabrina, hindi mo ba nakikita, ongoing pa rin ang ceremony," she said in almost a whisper.

"Sun-Dias is terminating my contract for my brand!" I whispered loudly.

"Mamaya na tayo mag-usap diyan. Can't you see?" She pointed the fountain. Patrick and Melanie were kneeling in front of the altar. "Nag-a-assist na ang kuya mo. Minsan ko lang 'tong mapapanood."

And she really had the audacity to prioritize Kuya over the couple na ikinakasal, ha!

Mum and her nonsense viewpoints!

I walked faster para makalapit sa puwesto nina Clark. Hindi ko siya malalapitan gaya ng kay Mum kasi naroon sila nakaupo malapit sa waterway. May malaking wall of flowers doon na sinasandalan ng mga upuan nila kaya imposibleng makalapit ako unless rarampa ako sa harapan nilang mga groomsman.