T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Sorry I been MIA. The pic is me in apology, reasoning and description at the end of the chapter - enjoy!

 The pic is me in apology, reasoning and description at the end of the chapter - enjoy!

It had been years since I experienced a sleep that didn't end in nightmares. My first was when I opened my eyes to see her lying next to me, the stark contrast of her skin against the white sheets, the soft and steadying lull of heart beating beneath me, reminding me that what I feared to be an all too dazzling dream was in fact reality.

But it wasn't until this morning that I felt the kind of sleep that brought memories of childhood. The kind of sleep where you close your eyes and don't fear what tomorrow has to bring. The kind of sleep where you don't feel like your slumber is working against you in the tenacious effort to remind you of the pain that lurks through the shadows of your tormenting subconscious. The kind of sleep where you feel safe knowing that there is someone there who the mere thought of held the power to chase away the most insidious demons.

I woke up not to the sun peering through the window, but to the sun radiating off of the smooth, dewy soft skin of the woman I was falling deeply in love with.

I woke up to see her long lashes brush against her cheekbones. I woke up to her bare breasts rise and fall, reminding me that she truly existed, reminding me that she wasn't a figment of my imagination. I woke up to the ever so slight dribble of drool on beneath her lip that brought a smile to my face because it made someone who was the embodiment of perfection seem that much more human. Even then, in that brief yet recurring moment of hypnosis, I remained convinced that she was made of the most rare stardust.

A boy like me could never and will never deserve to open my eyes to such an intoxicating sight. But fuck if I wasn't willing to do whatever it took to be worthy.

I watched as she stretched her arms up, reaching toward the ceiling and brushing the headboard, tickling the silk ties that were still tied to them. She let out a soft mewl that made me want to cover my eyes because I felt like I was infringing on a private moment of pure and utter vulnerability, but I couldn't fucking look away because she was so goddamn beautiful, and I wanted to imprint every single fucking second of her just in case she drifted away like a false memory.

Her head turned and she let out a soft moan that made my dick stir, which made my hips buck slightly as I felt the butt plug still snuggly brushing against my prostate. I held back a groan because I didn't want to miss a single second of watching her enter the world of consciousness.

She turned her head toward me, eyes still closed. Then her arms reached out in my direction, patting my body as if she was making sure that I was there, then she snuggled into me as if seeking my warmth.

Was I a saint in another life?

I'm still trying to figure out what I did to deserve this. 

She hooks her arm around my neck and presses her body flush to mine, then utters in a sleepy, gravely, unfairly sexy voice "good morning,"