S E V E N T E E N

V: You're having dinner with me tonight

V: You're having dinner with me tonight. I'll pick you up at seven.

It wasn't a question.

I found myself bubbling in anticipation of seeing her again, touching her again, tasting her again.

I couldn't fucking wait.

"What's got you so excited?" I hear Oli's voice through the suddenly cloudy atmosphere, peering over at him through my daze.

I can't keep the smile off my face, it's too wide, it's too strong. So, I give up trying and look over at Oli, barely even seeing him.

"Um...Nothing?" The intended statement comes out more as a question, and I look back at my phone, trying to figure out how to respond. I was worried that she'd find my quick responses irritating, but instead, she seems to respond just as quickly when I do.

"Lying ass." He mutters, flipping through the comic book in his hands.

I ignore his comment and am swift to type back.

Kai: Sounds Good 😊

I can't stop sending her smiley faces. Is that stupid? Does she think I'm corny when I keep sending them to her?

"So...you gonna fuck finally?"

I shift my head away from my phone to glance at Oli again, annoyed at his question.

"Why is me having sex so important to you?"

He shrugs and flips to another page in his comic book. "I don't know man, I just want you to have the full college experience. Fucking is part of it." He shrugs again.

I sigh and put my phone down temporarily. "Honestly, Oli, I think that's your opinion. Sex doesn't define the college experience. I'd be perfectly fine going through college without it."

He finally looks up from his comic to meet my eyes, a small smirk lining his face.

"Don't fucking lie, Kai. Your virgin ass wants to fuck so bad."

I groan and slap my forehead at his stupidity. "Look dude, it's not that serious. I'll have sex when I'm ready."

He chuckles and looks back at the comic, flipping another page.

"You say that like you've got bitches lining up to fuck your skinny ass."

Welp.

I won't lie.

That hurt.

I don't respond, and instead return to my phone when I hear a distinctive 'ding', hoping that it's a special someone.

V: Did you dream of me, Kai?

Even though she can't see me, I'm powerless to stop the blush that quickly erupts across my face. I debate whether or not to tell her the truth, but then again, she seems to know when I'm lying. Maybe she's so powerful that she can tell whether I'm lying through text...