T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Days later, I was still replaying her words over and over in my head

You may have me...All of me...

Laying in my XL twin bed with my arms behind my head and a shit-eating grin so wide on my face it could rival the Joker's. I felt ecstatic. 

I felt euphoric.

I felt...Blessed.

I've never been one to believe in God. I teetered the line between atheist and agnostic. I never paid much attention to religion, but after the accident I found it hard to believe in a God who could allow such a tragedy to happen. What kind of deity would let their creations suffer so profoundly? 

And then I thought of Miss– no; Valencia. I didn't know her pain, and it was likely something I couldn't fathom. But it only reinforced the notion that no God could allow a woman with such a kind soul to feel such extensive anguish. 

I hold nothing against anyone who believes in God. But an undeniable part of me couldn't help but wonder if the universe blessed me with her.

Yes, she had rough edges. At first glance, she was gorgeous, she was the physical embodiment of grace. Yet she came off as cold and guarded. 

And yet she took care of me when I was inebriated. She fed me when I was sick. She called me baby.

No one called me any term of endearment before her. 

"So...I take it you patched shit up with the Dominatrix." Oli's voice pushed its way through the fog. 

I sighed in contentment, not even bothered by the fact that he interrupted my inner musings. That's how she made me feel.

At peace.

I turned my head to glance at him entering the room, fully dressed in his football gear or whatever the fuck it was called. I wasn't one for such physically violent sports...

At least, not until Valencia...

"Dude."

I snapped out of my stupor and refocused my gaze on Oliver. 

"She has a name." I stated before returning my focus toward the ceiling. 

I could almost hear his eyebrow raise.

"Oh really? I thought you just called her 'Mistress'." 

I glanced his direction as he sat on his mattress, smiling. 

Probably smiling far too widely, but I couldn't bring myself to care. 

She said yes.

She accepted me.

She accepted every part of me.

Nothing could kill my high. 

"Not anymore." I breathed out, still staring at an indecipherable spot on the ceiling, yet seeing nothing but her face.