Chapter 23

The man in the mirror put his arm across his chest and bowed his head. He opened his mouth and said something that I didn't understand.

I blinked and blinked again while I stared at him, and I made sure that my face was blank.

The male frowned and studied me, his golden eyes flashing like a fire that burnt underneath his skin. He opened his mouth and said something else, which I didn't understand.

I blinked and blinked again, staying silent.

The male seemed to sigh and moved a hand across his face while he shook his head. Slowly, he cocked his head to the side before he pulled at his ear, silently asking if I could hear him.

I shook my head, no. "I can't," I said and gestured to my ears. "But you can hear me?"

Ghost nodded in confirmation.

"Then who are you?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "What is your name?"

Ghost turned on the water and created steam. He brushed up against my arm with his, but I didn't feel it and only saw that he did.

But I already knew that he was there, especially with the hair on the back of my neck standing up, something I hadn't noticed before.

Ghost didn't look too surprised that I didn't look towards the spot he had brushed up against, but I could tell that he was slightly disappointed.

Ghost started to write something on the mirror, and I looked at it. "Targon," he wrote.

"Targon," I said, reading it before I looked at him. "Is that your name?"

Targon smiled and nodded. He said something else, but I wasn't able to hear him.

I shook my head and bit back a sigh, slightly annoyed that I couldn't hear what he had to say. "I can't hear you," I said and gestured to my ears. "Remember?"

Targon slowly nodded and smiled apologetically. He wrote something else while I watched.

I looked at the mirror and saw that he wrote, "we can talk later."

The words disappeared when Targon saw that I read them before he started to write something else.

"You are needed."

I pursed my lips in annoyance before I looked at Targon again. "But why are you here?" I asked. "Why can't anyone see you? Why are you a ghost? Is there a way t-" I stopped talking when Targon raised his hand, silencing me.

The steamed covered the words again, leaving Targon a clean board to write another message for me.

"Later," he wrote, and I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Now, go."

He turned the water off and cleared the steam off of the mirror with a small flick of his wrist, leaving behind a clean mirror without streaks.

After that, he opened the bathroom door and gestured for me to leave, indicating that the conversation was done and I was to return to the group that was gathered in my living room.

I rolled my eyes and scowled but did what I was told to do and walked out of the bathroom with him following me.

"Hey, look, she is finally out of the bathroom," Antionio said when I walked into the living room. He grinned and winked, and I rolled my eyes while my scowl deepened. "Do you ha-"

"Don't," Miguel warned, interrupting him from speaking. "We have company."

Antonio gave Miguel a weird look. "What?" he asked. "What do you mean?"