Chapter 17

Ms. Lowell came to my side as soon as I set down my jacket over his mangled body. Ms. Lowell's face was pale, and I could tell that she was worried about her Alpha. "He asks how do you know about us," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. She gulped and shook her head when Frederick said something else.

"She didn't tell me," I said, and he looked at me and not her. "I've known about Werewolves before I met her." I shook my head when he narrowed his eyes, and I had a feeling that he was wondering if his workers had told me anything. "They didn't," I replied. "I've known about Werewolves before then too." I looked at Ms. Lowell. "Did Ghost come out of the car?"

Ms. Lowell nodded. "It came out," she replied. "I don't know where it went, but it went out of the car when you finished killing the three of them." She gestured to the pile of ashes that once were the things that I had fought.

I pursed my lips and nodded. "How much do you think you can lift?" I asked. "We're going to need to put him into your car and take him back to my place. I know that I have stuff for the scratches, but the bites..." I trailed off and shook my head, grimacing. "I don't know if I have anything for that."

"What do you mean, you have stuff for the scratches?" Ms. Lowell asked. "Have you faced them before?" She nodded toward the Alpha, whose gaze was still on the side of my face. "He wants to know."

I nodded. "I have," I confirmed. I licked my lips and cleared my throat, hesitating on whether or not I should say this. "I also know that what I have can be used on Werewolves." I didn't meet Frederick's gaze.

Frederick growled, and I had a feeling that he did not like me looking away from him for whatever reason. His gaze still bore a hole on the side of my face, but I did not meet it.

"He's wondering how you know that it will work on Werewolves," Ms. Lowell said. She let out a startled gasp when Ghost moved her out of the way, and Frederick tried to stand and growled in warning.

His gray eyes scanned the area we were in, and his nostrils flared while he tried to take in a scent that was not there. His teeth were bared, and his ears were flat against his head while he struggled to stand and protect his pack member.

"Stop," I scolded and pushed him down, gently, and he huffed before he ceded and let me push him down all the way. "You won't be able to do anything anyway. Ghost is invisible, and you can't pinpoint its location."

Frederick looked at me and raised an eyebrow, and I didn't need Ms. Lowell to translate his question because I already knew what he was asking.

"I'll tell you in the car," I said, absentmindedly stroking his fur, and that seemed to calm him down slightly, but I could tell that he was on edge, especially with this new "player" that was invisible. "Both me and it will get you in there. Ok?"

Frederick nodded and didn't say a word. He knew that I would tell him, even if he wouldn't believe me off the bat.

"Can you shift? It'll be easier for us to move you to the car if you can." I licked my lips and cleared my throat, my cheeks turning red. "I'll also need you in human form to put on the stuff unless you want bald spots from where I get to the wound."

Frederick stilled, and I knew that if he were in his human form, then he would be blushing as well.

"I have some of Abram's pants in the trunk," Ms. Lowell said. She stood and didn't look at Frederick when he glared at her, daring her to leave him by himself. "I'll go get them." She bolted away, and Frederick huffed in annoyance.

"Be nice," I scolded, and Frederick looked at me, annoyance filling his eyes. I was surprised that he wasn't groaning in pain or anything, and I wondered if it was either because he didn't want us to know that he was in pain or if he wasn't in pain, unlike Antonio had been in when he got to us.