Chapter 32

I opened my bedroom door and cleared my throat while I moved to the side so that Frederick and Targon could enter before me. "Go on in," I said and both men stayed put and looked at me, silently indicating that they wouldn't go in until I did so.

I rolled my eyes and scowled, hissing a slight warning to Targon, and Targon bit back a small chuckle but still didn't move.

"Go ahead and enter your bedroom, Your Majesty," Targon said and bowed his head, and I rolled my eyes again while Frederick looked between us, staying silent. "We won't go into your room until you do."

I bit back a small sigh before I slowly nodded, deciding that this wouldn't be a fight that I would win. "Of course," I said and walked in, followed by the two men that waited for me. "Welcome to my lovely room, Frederick. Close the door behind you, Targon."

Frederick stayed silent and looked around my room, stepping away so that Targon could enter. He cleared his throat and folded his arms behind his back before he looked at me.

"I know," I said and shrugged while Targon closed the bedroom door and took his spot in a corner. "It's a bit bare, but it works."

"It looks nice," Frederick said and cleared his throat again. He looked at Targon and then at me. "What do we need to do now?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

I shrugged and walked to my bed with my dragon still in my hands. "Targon?" I asked and raised an eyebrow while I looked at him and sat down.

"You will need to go over there as well, Frederick," Targon said and looked at Frederick while he gestured to my bed where I was seated. He looked at me. "You're going to have to take off your shirt, Your Majesty."

"No," Frederick vetoed instantly while he walked over to me. He sat down beside me, and my dragon purred and grabbed my finger tighter while she purred. "She is not taking her shirt off in front of you."

"And why not?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question while I looked at my mate. "Why will I not take off my shirt in front of him?"

"Because he is a m-"

"Hush," I said, interrupting him, feeling very annoyed. "Do not finish that sentence." I narrowed my eyes and scowled, and he scowled and narrowed his eyes while he looked at me. "I am serious, Frederick," I said and shook my head. "Do not finish that sentence."

"And I am too, Clover," he replied coldly. "You're my m-"

"And he is my guard and has been my guard for years. Do you think he hasn't seen me naked?" I raised an eyebrow in question.

Frederick set his jaw, and protectiveness flashed through his eyes while he looked at Targon. "Have you?" he asked coldly, and Targon shifted ever so slightly to the left, angling himself away from the corner with Frederick following his every move. "Have you seen my mate naked?"

"I have," he confirmed and nodded. "I have seen her naked. I have given her a few baths before when she was younger."

Frederick growled and narrowed his eyes. He was about to stand up and go to him, but I rolled my eyes and scowled while I grabbed the back of his shirt.

"Sit down," I warned and bared my teeth at him, and my mate instantly turned his head to look at me through narrowed eyes. "You have no reason to act like this, Frederick."

"Bu-"

"No," I said, interrupting him, and he stopped talking and set his jaw. "Stop acting like this unless you want to see what happens. I am not some princess that needs protecting, and I do not need you to be protective of me in the presence of a different man."