Chapter 5

A/N: I love this song. <3 I have been listening to Lady Antebellum for a long time. Oops. If you're wondering what I had been up to and why I had been listening to Lady Antebellum on repeat, check out Xavier. I really think all of those songs can describe the story.

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________

Everyone left by the time the clock struck one in the morning, leaving my once clean apartment in complete disarray.

I groaned and moved a hand through my hair when I saw a pile of dishes in the sink, feeling slightly annoyed that no one stayed behind to help me clean up. "This is why I don't like having guests over," I mumbled.

I shook my head and sighed before going over to the kitchen. I started to work on the dishes when the radio turned on by itself, playing music that I would listen to before I went to bed.

"Really?" I asked as Lady Antebellum's 'Heart of the World' played through the stereo system that I had gotten for a random birthday as a present. "Turn it off. Why are you so active?"

The music was turned a little louder but not loud enough to disturb the neighbors next door.

I grunted and ignored the ghost, humming along with the music as it played. I really wanted someone to look at me as if they were so in love with me, but I knew that it wasn't going to happen.

I swayed as I finished putting the dishwasher and started it up. I grabbed a trash bag and mouthed the words as I picked up all of the trash, deciding to wipe down and spray everything tomorrow.

I could feel the gaze of my ghost on me but paid no heed to it. "'Oh, and hope is soul of the dreamer, and heaven is the home of my God. It takes one true believer to believe you can still beat the odds,'" I sung, my voice soft and gentle, far different than my normal hard tone.

No one knew that I could sing except for the ghost. And, I knew that the ghost wouldn't tell anyone because one, it didn't talk, and two, it didn't seem to be the type to be confined in random people.

The door to my bedroom opened with a loud bang, causing me to groan out in annoyance.

"Ok," I said, finally, picking up the last bit of trash and stuffing into the trash bag. "I am going to go to bed now. I had finished some of what I wanted to do, with thanks to you. I don't have work tomorrow so that I can sleep late." I pursed my lips and tied the strings together. "Even though my body will wake me in three hours."

I moved a hand through my hair and sighed, putting the bag next to the door with the intent of taking it out when it was light outside. "I am going to take a shower when I wake up," I muttered. "I am tired."

The music turned off as soon as I walked into my bedroom.

I sighed and closed the door, knowing that the ghost wouldn't enter when I was changing. I took off my clothes and stood in the room with nothing except my underwear, staring at my body.

The air conditioner was turned on, but I couldn't feel it because of my abnormally hot body temperature.

I turned towards the side and pulled my hair out of my way to look at the tattoo on my back.

The dragon's head started on my right shoulder and twisted around my spine until the tail stopped at the edge of my underwear. The end of the tail was hidden by it, and no one had seen it before except for me.

I took a deep breath and let it out, watching as the dragon wavered and danced with each deep breath I took. The black tattoo glowed red and gold, and I could feel this power coming off of it in waves.

The dragon's eye seemed to open, and a red eye stared into mine, the eye matching the same color as my red one.

A loud banging on the front door stopped the staring contest and broke the spell between me and it.

Quickly, I changed into my bed clothes and pulled my hair into a bun. "Who could be calling me at this hour?" I asked.

The banging continued, and I ran towards the door.

"I am coming," I snapped. "Stop banging," I growled out in annoyance and wrenched the door open to tell off the person before noticing that no one was there.

"Hello?" I asked, furrowing my brows. I looked to the left and the right and noticed that no one was there.

I took a step forward and almost fell over something that was in the middle of the doorway. "The fuck?" I asked, looking down.

I frowned when I saw an ancient looking box sitting there with an insignia of two dragons crisscrossing. Both of the dragons were breathing fire and staring straight at each other.

Power filled the air around this box, and I had the urge to pick it up and take it into my house.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, ignoring the urge. "I am just tired," I muttered. "This box isn't urging me to pick it up."

I grunted when ghost pushed me and scowled in the direction I thought that it was in. "Don't tell me that you want me to pick it up. It could be a booby trap."

Again, the ghost pushed me, and I muttered something underneath my breath.

I picked up the box and was surprised that it was lighter than it looked. "What is this?" I asked, tracing the figure on the lid.

I had seen this before. I had painted it before, but I had seen this before I had painted it. I didn't know when.

I shook my head and sighed, my head starting to throb. I was interested in opening, but I was more interested in going to sleep. I will open it in the morning.

Right now, it was definitely time for bed.