Chapter 33

I opened my eyes as soon as Sylias said something and looked at Targon but didn't say a word.

Targon silently nodded as if to say that it was true, and I was hearing Sylias talking.

My dragon chuckled, amused. I am here, she said, and I can talk to you again. Now, can we do something about our Grathron? she asked with a slight purr in her voice, and I had a feeling that she raised an eyebrow in question. Isn't he just handsome?

My cheeks instantly went red, and Targon made no move to indicate that he heard what Sylias had said, even though I knew that he did.

Well? Sylias asked, and I had a feeling that she raised her eyebrow high. Can we?

"Clove?" Frederick asked while he looked at me. Worry filled his eyes while he looked at me, and I could tell that he didn't like me turning red. "Are you ok?"

I nodded. "I am," I confirmed before I cleared my throat and shifted in my bed, making sure that everything worked. "I can hear Sylias, that's all."

Frederick slowly nodded and furrowed his brows. He looked at Targon before he looked at me again, staying silent, and I had a feeling that he was nervous and worried.

"She can hear her again," Targon said and nodded before he looked at me. "You can tell that your tattoo has changed now that she is back and bonded with you."

I slowly nodded and stood, wanting to see it. How can I make you unattached like you had been? I asked.

We can worry about that later, Sylais said softly and shrugged, when we are alone. Or in the same room as Targon because he can be of some assistance, too.

I bit my lip and slowly nodded while I walked to the mirror that was in my room. I stopped in front of it and turned around until my back was facing the mirror.

Sure enough, the tattoo on my back glowed and looked different than it did last night. The red eye on my dragon blinked and moved.

Sylias bowed when she caught me staring at her, and she gave me a toothy grin. Your Majesty, she said, and I held back an eye roll. How are you?

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it looked "normal," and I nodded in greeting. Sylias, I greeted before I looked at Targon. "Was that it?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow in question, and he nodded in confirmation.

"Now, you can put on your shirt and then we can leave and go to Frederick's pack." He looked at Frederick when he said that and raised an eyebrow in question, and Frederick nodded.

"If you are ready," he said while he looked at me.

"I am," I confirmed and nodded before I looked at Targon and saw that he was in his normal darb. "You might want to change, too," I said, switching to our tongue. "I don't know how they would feel if they saw you dressed like that."

Targon looked at his clothes and then at me, understanding what I meant but didn't like it. He set his jaw and stayed silent while he looked at me, and I had a feeling that he didn't want to change but understood.

"I know," I said and nodded while I looked at my mate before I looked at Targon again. "Let me get some clothes from the closet, and then we can leave."

Targon nodded. "Ok," he said. "Thank you."

I nodded and walked over to my shirt, feeling slightly grateful that my back didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. "Was there anything else that I had to do?" I asked while I grabbed my shirt and stood. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow before I pulled on my shirt again, my back not hurting with every movement that I took.

Targon shook his head. "You are connected to your dragon. You will feel the urge shift into your dragon form soon. I will help you with it. It might be a bit painful."

"Might?" I asked and raised an eyebrow in question while I looked at him. "What do you mean by might?"

Because you have shifted already, Sylias said softly.

I pursed my lips in annoyance before I slowly nodded, feeling slightly nervous but excited about being able to shift into my dragon form again.

"What was the head nodding for?" Frederick asked while he looked between the two of us. He furrowed his brows and cocked his head while he studied us. "What happened?"

"We're talking about me shifting again," I said before I cleared my throat and shifted on my feet, trying to relieve some of my anxiety and nervousness. "We don't know if it is going to be painful or not, and I can't help but feel nervous but also excited."

Frederick nodded and stood. "What next?" he asked while he furrowed his brows and cocked his head.

"I'm going to get Targon some clothes and then we can leave and go to your pack," I said, feeling nervous but excited about going somewhere new. "Is that ok with you?"

Frederick nodded and looked relieved. "Ok," he said. "When do you want to meet the rest of the pack?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question, and I pressed my lips into a thin line, feeling nervous about meeting his pack.

"I do not know," I said before I cleared my throat and shook my head. "I want to make sure that I get situated first before I do get to meet everyone. I am sure that there will be a party or something?" I raised an eyebrow in question, and Frederick nodded in confirmation.

"There will be," he said. "We can set it up later." He cleared his throat and stood taller, and I could tell that he was nervous about something. "What about your clan?" he asked, feeling nervous. "When are we going to be meeting them?"

I hesitated and looked at Targon, not knowing the answer to that question and stayed silent.

"We will worry about that later," Targon said solemnly. "We have to find a way for her to get there first."

We can use the dagger and the horn, Sylias said, and I looked at Targon and raised an eyebrow in question.

Alïtha... Grandfather...

My heart yearned to hold the horn again, but I didn't, knowing full well that it would be best if we got ourselves situated before I did so.

No wonder I felt such a small yearning for it when I didn't know...

Frederick looked at me and studied me with furrowed brows and concern in his eyes because I had gone still. "Are you ok?" he asked, concerned. "Why do you look like you are in pain?"

I shook my head and cleared my throat. "I will be fine," I said and cleared my throat again. "We are talking about how to get there again, and my dragon was saying that we could use the dagger and horn to get there."

"Horn?" Frederick asked and raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in confirmation. "What horn? Can you show me?"

"She can show you later," Targon said, interrupting me when I opened my mouth to say something. He looked at me, and I closed my mouth and pursed my lips in annoyance. "For now, I think that you should get those clothes for me."

He looked at Frederick again before he looked at me, and I could tell that he wanted to talk to him privately.

"Ok," I said and nodded before I narrowed my eyes and scowled. "Do not do anything stupid," I warned, switching to our tongue. "Is that understood?"

Targon nodded and bit back a small smirk. "Of course, Your Majesty," he said also in our tongue. "I will not do anything stupid to him. Now, go."

I held back an eye roll but nodded. "I will be back," I promised in English and without another word, I turned away and walked out of the room, leaving both my mate and guard alone while I grabbed my guard clothes.

Gods, please make sure that they are safe when I get back, I silently prayed. Please.