IX

*Hours later*

*Hours later*

It was 2 a.m. and I just left her place to go back home and to do some late night errands picking up small things. After I got done with my errands & paid for my stuff and while I was walking towards my car, I heard a voice behind me, "What it do Smoke." I turned around to see Don walking towards me.

"What up Don.", I replied back while respectfully dapping him up.

"What you doing out here so late??"

"I'm just getting some things.....why you asking?"

He started to put his hands up in defense, "Nothing man, I wanted to ask."

"Mhm....and since you asking me, imma ask you the same question. Why are youuu out here so late??"

"Nothing important. Nothing that concerns you."

I almost clenched my jaw, but I have to calm down cause he probably have some of his goons with him....and yes, he's them type of niggas. Wanna be bad in someone's face, but be having his goons on speed dial when some pops off.

Don & I weren't like this....we use to be the best of friends, we've known each other for years....way before we entered the drug dealing business together.

And we also worked for the same person in the drug dealing business until I got promoted and that's when he started to act funny towards me and one day, he suddenly disappeared and came back to work again, but we all soon found out that he wanted to be his own boss and wanted to be the top dawg in the dealing game and plus he also did it because of his jealousy towards me, but after that I've stopped fuckin wit him ever since then.

We see each other every now & then, we only just nod our heads to each other and go about our business. But this time it's different, he never had a full blown conversation with me until now.....I have a feeling in my guts is that he's gonna do something stupid or try to plan something on me.

"Yknow Don.....we've never had a full blown conversation since you left.....what are you planning?"

"Yea I know, cause I'm handling my bidness.....and no I'm not.....but I heard that you running shit on ya own at the west end...."

"Yeah? So?"

"All I'm saying is, don't step or cross on the east end."

"Unlike you Don, I don't cross on no one's territories.....unlike they fuck wit me first and you know that."

I was lowkey started to get tired of his slick mouth, so I looked at my watch and it was almost 2:15.

"Aye um....it's almost 2:15, so I gotta bounce."

"Aight.....see ya Smoke."

After we say our brief "goodbyes" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it between us, I got into my car and drove back home.