We're Being Punked, Pedro

Aaron had spent the night in Hope's room after comforting her. She had told him what she was planning to do and Aaron gently scolded her, knowing that she still had a lot on her plate. So, he spent the night trying to make her smile, which he did multiple times and watched Cutthroat Kitchen. But right now, they were in class. Dorian is teaching a spell casting class to the upper-level witches. All of the students are sitting in a circle, where they begin to hold the hands of those next to them. Josie, Lizzie, Aaron and Hope are among the students in this class. "All right, gather together." Dorian instructed.

He walks outside of the circle as he instructs them on a group assignment. "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch." Dorian said. Then Dorian is suddenly distracted when he realises someone is missing. "Where's Penelope Park?" Dorian asked. Lizzie smirks before making a snarky comment. "Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams." Lizzie said. Dorian, recognizing Lizzie's mean-girl behavior, rolls his eyes and moves on. "Sorry I asked. A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow." Dorian said. The students laugh at his unintentional pun, much to his annoyance. Aaron rolled his eyes, along with Hope.

"Okay..." Dorian said. Before Dorian can go further in his lecture, a piece of parchment materializes above their heads and falls into his hands. Josie sees the cursive script on the page and realizes it's a summons to her father's office. "Uh-oh. Who's in trouble with the headmaster?"Josie asked. Hope, who has been unamused by the twins' antics thus far, rolls her eyes sarcastically and gives Lizzie a look. "Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school." Hope said. "Well, that's me. Off I go." Aaron said.

Dorian opened the note. "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman." Dorian said. The twins sighed. "Aaron Salvatore." Dorian then said. "Called it." Aaron said. He turns to look Hope. "And baby makes four. Off you go." Dorian said. With that said, Hope, Josie, Aaron and Lizzie share confused and concerned looks before getting up to leave. Minutes later, they have joined Alaric in the library, where they're following him around the large room, watching him collect relevant books off the shelves while they demand answers for what he's just told them. It is obvious by their words and body language that none of them are happy about what they're being forced to do.

"This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asked. Alaric gives Lizzie an exasperated look as though he thinks the answer is obvious. "Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here!" Alaric said. "I didn't do anything." Aaron said. "You were still involved." Alaric said. Aaron sighed. "There's no point arguing. You're not going to win." Aaron said to himself. Lizzie pouted. "Well, you weren't mad last night." Lizzie said. "I was mad last night! My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage." Alaric said.

He walks down the steps to one of the study tables and sets the books down before turning to face his daughters and students. "I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time." Alaric said. "Jail time?" Aaron asked. Alaric nodded. "Huh. I didn't know that." Aaron said. "Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it pleases the court?" Lizzie asked. Alaric rolls his eyes and gestures toward her to go ahead and defend herself. "First of all, I was provoked...my response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure." Lizzie said.

Hope can't help but chuckle, which only proves to
make Lizzie more upset. Aaron nudged Hope and she shrugged innocently. "And secondly..." Lizzie said. She hesitates anxiously before finally blurting out what she's really thinking. "If anyone should take the blame, it's Josie." Lizzie said, not thinking about her actions when she said that. Josie, clearly not expecting this remark, gives Lizzie a betrayed and offended look. "What?" Josie asked. Lizzie, seeing how much this hurt Josie, immediately starts to backpedal. "I'm sorry. I totally cracked during cross, but if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball.." Lizzie said.