Home Sweet Home

Salvatore Boarding School

Lizzie was getting ready for the day as she was supposed to meet Emma in the gym with the rest of the group when Hope burst into her room. "There is a thing called knocking." Lizzie said annoyed. "Have you seen Aaron?" Hope asked. Lizzie turned to look at Hope confused. "No. Shouldn't you know since your his girlfriend?" Lizzie asked. "He isn't in his room and no one's seen him." Hope told Lizzie. The two, confused and concerned, rushed out of Lizzie's bedroom towards Dr. Saltzman's office. "Dad. Aaron's disappeared." Lizzie told her dad. Alaric sighed. "He hasn't disappeared. He will be temporarily unavailable today." Alaric told the two girls. "Why? Where is he?" Hope asked. Alaric sighed. "All I know is that he needed a car." Alaric said.

On The Road

Aaron was driving Lizzie's car, blasting music as he concentrated on the road when his phone started ringing. He turned the music down and looked down to see Lizzie was calling him. He pressed the answer button before putting Lizzie on speaker phone. "Hey, Lizzie. What's up?" Aaron asked. "Where the hell are you?" Lizzie asked sternly on the other end. "Just outside Louisiana." Aaron said. "Why exactly?" Lizzie asked. "Because I need help. And the only people who can help me are in Louisiana." Aaron said. "And you also decided to steal my car as well?" Lizzie asked. "Relax. I'm a good driver. And you'll get the car back tomorrow." Aaron said.

"And how the hell am I supposed to cope without you here?" Lizzie asked. "You'll be absolutely fine, okay? Just call if anything happens and I'll be back as soon as possible." Aaron told Lizzie. He heard her sigh. "Fine. But if aren't back tomorrow, I will kill you." Lizzie told Aaron, causing him to smile. "I promise to be back in Mystic Falls tomorrow. Bye." Aaron said before hanging up. He then saw the welcome sign and smiled. "Home sweet home." Aaron said before pulling off the highway. As he drove, his eyes spotted the familiar outlines of a city close to Aaron. His home. New Orleans. His smile widened as he drove towards the city, happy to be home. Even if it was until tomorrow.

Later ~ French Quarter

Aaron pulled up to the sidewalk and climbed out of his car before locking the door. He looked around the historic buildings and breathed in the fresh smell of beignets. He smiled in content before chuckling lightly. He then spotted the familiar bar across the street and looked down at his watch. He crossed the road before walking into Rousseau's, looking at the familiar interior. He then looked over at the bar and saw a familiar face sat at the bar. He approached the bar and sat down next to the figure. "Soda please." Aaron told the bartender. "Well, well, well. If it isn't little Aaron Salvatore." The figure said. The bartender placed Aaron's drink on the bar and Aaron placed money next to the drink.

"Long time, no see." The figure said. The bartender took the money as Aaron turned to the figure. "It really has." Aaron said. The two smiled at each other before hugging each other tightly. "Hi Vincent." Aaron greeted. "What's up, little man? What you doing back here? Thought you were at school?" Vincent asked, pulling away from Aaron. "I got permission to get the day off." Aaron said. "And why exactly do you need the day off?" Vincent asked. "I need your help." Aaron said. Vincent raised a brow curiously. Aaron rolled his sleeve up to reveal his tattoo. Vincent immediately recognised the symbol and nodded. "Well, you came to the right place. And i can help. But, I'm gonna need help from Freya." Vincent said.