I Couldn't Have Done This Without You

(A/N: I'm back!!! Also, I'm going to start using GIFs in my chapters

(A/N: I'm back!!! Also, I'm going to start using GIFs in my chapters. Please let me know if you prefer the chapters with or without them. Also, please make sure to read the other Author's Note at the bottom.)

Salvatore Boarding School

Hope was walking through the halls of the boarding school, carrying a box filled with her belongings and in uniform. She had officially come back to school. "Starting over, in theory, it's simple. You put the past behind you, take what you learned and begin again." Hope's voice over said. As she walked, multiple students stared at her. She saw Josie and smiled at her. Josie just nodded before walking away, causing Hope's smile to fall slightly. MG walked by and nodded at Hope, causing her to nod back at him. "Moving on means letting things go. Things that are familiar, easy, safe. Things that matter." Hope's voice over said.

Down a hallway, Lizzie and Sebastian were making out against the wall. "Someone once said you can't go home again. I hope like hell they were wrong." Hope's voice over said. She walked into her old room and saw that it was completely taken over. Hope looked over all the different items in the room when Alyssa Chang walked out from behind a divider and sighed when she saw Hope. "Oh. It's just you." Alyssa said, uninterested. "Alyssa, what's all this?" Hope asked, looking at all of Alyssa's stuff. "I moved in while you were forgotten or whatever. Your side's over there." Alyssa said, gesturing to the empty corner of the room. "I usually have a single." Hope said.

"Which is what I had until this exact moment." Alyssa retorted. Before Hope could say anything, Alyssa started yapping again. "I go to bed at 10:00, so no late-night visitors. And I don't want ants, so no eating in the room." Alyssa said. She then grabbed a bottle of perfume and started spraying all over herself, walking towards the door. "Although, I wouldn't oppose to Aaron dropping by. Later, roomie." Alyssa said, leaving the room. Hope coughed as Alyssa's perfume clouded around her. When Alyssa left, Hope rolled her eyes and scoffed slightly. She placed the box in her hands on her bed and let out a heavy breath. She looked down into the box and smiled at what was on top. It was a photo of her and Aaron when they were 12. They were both having a bad day and decided to have a movie marathon. Hope was glad that at least she had him.

Later

Hope was stood in the hallway, looking at her timetable confused as she looked around, completely lost. Alaric walked out of his office and saw Hope. "You're late for class. Or are you lost?" Alaric spoke, looking down at his watch. "Uh, both. Apparently, everything changed when I was gone. Where's spell lab?" Hope asked a little frustrated. "No idea. I'm a little out of the loop myself." Alaric said. He chuckled lightly as the two started walking. "I just like to stride confidently and, uh, nod in hopes that people don't figure that out. But speaking of being out of the loop, Lizzie and Josie are avoiding me. Why? What's up?" Alaric said. Hope chuckled humourlessly. "I wouldn't know. Things are still awkward between me and Josie. I mean, I thought they were okay. It's just bad again." Hope said.