There's a Mummy on Main Street

Salvatore Boarding School

Alaric is in his office, trying to track down the urn when Dorian walks in his scuba gear after Alaric telling him about getting rid of the urn. "I couldn't find it." Dorian said. "Cause it's not there."Alaric said. "Then why have I done five dives looking for it?" Dorian asked. "I didn't figure it out till now." Alaric said. "When's the last time you slept?" Dorian asked. "Oh, man, I will get some sleep when we find this damn urn." Alaric said. "Look, you've got to stop beating yourself up about this. I mean, yes, throwing an extremely dangerous magical artifact into the river was pretty stupid. The slug made you do it." Dorian said.

"Slug or not, I am responsible for the things I do,
and I have very likely unleashed a new monster on the humans that live outside the gates of the school, so I need to clean up this mess. Look, I've been searching for things outside the ordinary." Alaric said. He holds up pages of articles. "Sandstorms, locusts, scorpions...and then all of a sudden, this attack that happened to you. Dorian, these are mini plagues." Alaric said. "'The river must've swept the urn downstream. And these plagues are a harbinger of whatever monster's come for is." Dorian said. "Mm-hmm." Alaric hummed.

"Ten bucks I know what it is." Dorian said. "I'm way ahead of you. Now, if my theory is correct, the urn is here." Alaric said. He points to a location on a map. "It's a man-made reservoir. A dam." Alaric said. "Which would have trapped the urn." Dorian said. "Exactly. So pack your flippers, Dorian. We're going on a road trip." Alaric said. "But I was supposed to... skip my mountain getaway with Emma and help you fight evil." Dorian said. "Hey, listen, man, I'm really sorry to harsh your romantic weekend." Alaric said.

Dorian sighs. "Don't worry about it. I'll just invite her to come with us." Dorian said. "Sure." Alaric said awkwardly.

Later

Alaric pulls Kaleb over to tell him that he was coming on this road trip. "You want me to go where?" Kaleb asked. "Maple Hollows. It'll be fun. You're the one who didn't want to go home for spring break." Alaric said. "That's 'cause my family's crazy, man. It's the same thing every year. A barbecue, a game of spades, and then my uncle's throwing hands. Do you think I want to trade my family drama for yours?" Kaleb said. "I think you want unsupervised time to feed on humans." Alaric said. "Okay, so now we get to the real. You still don't trust me." Kaleb said. "Right now? Not as far as I can throw you. Look, MG doesn't need any negative influences while I'm gone. So come with me. All you have to do is follow my rules." Alaric said.

"There's rules now?" Kaleb asked. "Yeah, they're simple. No using vampire powers... and absolutely... no using vampire powers." Alaric said. "Look, I do this, you'll get off my back?" Kaleb asked. "Nothing would make me happier." Alaric said. Kaleb sighs. "All right. Whatever. But... if we're going to some Podunk town, you know, we can't roll up in that slick-ass Salvatore bus. We got to stay low-key." Kaleb said. "I'm one step ahead of you." Alaric said.

Later ~ On The Road

Everyone is piled into a mini-van on their way to Maple Hallows. Alaric is driving with Kaleb in the passenger seat then Josie, Hope and Lizzie behind them then Aaron, Dorian and Emma in the backseat. "Dr. Saltzman, this van is very... white of you." Kaleb said. Aaron snorted as he rummaged through his bag. "It's retro." Alaric said. "It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels." Lizzie said. Hope sighs as she sits up. "I brought snacks." Hope said. Aaron reached forward and took some candy from her. "Oh, sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip? We only needed one tribrid, which is why I invited Aaron. Not you." Lizzie said.

"Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" Hope asked. "I thought you would have wanted to spend time with your boyfriend?" Lizzie asked. "I am." Hope said. Aaron shook his head smiling. "Away from us." Lizzie said. "Don't you like me anymore, Lizzie?" Aaron asked, faking being sad. Lizzie grew panicked and tried to save the situation but Aaron grinned. "Not funny." Lizzie said. "It was." Aaron said. Lizzie shook her head. "Come on. Smile. You know you want to." Aaron said. Lizzie kept a blank face. Aaron kept saying 'smile' over and over again before he saw Lizzie smile. "There we go." Aaron said.