Mombie Dearest

Salvatore Boarding School

Emma is in the middle of a session with Hope and takes a sip of her Salvatore School coffee mug as she listens to Hope babble happily. "Obviously, nothing's gonna come out of it. I mean, I may never see him again..." Hope said. Hope continues to ramble on as she picks up her glass of water and takes a sip, rolling her eyes at her next point. "And what Aaron did was nice. And Aaron. God! Where do I start with him? I do like the sound of his voice. It's low, and smart- sounding, and kind of soothing.. And his eyes! His eyes are like, this brown-black colour that's not really a colour, you know? Like, they're brown when he wears warm colours, and then..." Hope said. Hope catches herself and realises she's been talking for several long moments without pause and groans as she looks down at the floor.

"Oh, my God. Who am I right now?" Hope asked. Emma giggles as she sits her coffee mug down on
the table between them. "A normal teenager?" Emma asked. Hope is still overwhelmed by the emotion she's just shown in talking about Aaron, but Emma smiles, clearly happy at the progress Hope has made in the last few weeks. "Though I do love hearing you talk about something as simple as having a crush on a boy, you do not need a counselor, Hope..." Emma said. Just then, Emma's phone buzzes, and when she picks it up, she sees a message that is presumably from Alaric and walks toward the office door as she finishes her statement.

"You need a friend." Emma said. Then Emma squeezes Hope's shoulder affectionately before walking out the door to help Alaric and Dorian. Somewhere else in the school, Josie, thinking Lizzie is still upset about the previous night's events, puts her back against the wall, closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath before she opens her eyes and turns to enter her room to see how her sister is doing. "Hey, I didn't see you at breakfast..." Josie said. Josie finds Lizzie making her bed, and when Lizzie sees her, she immediately stops what she's doing and rushes over to give her a hug.

"I'm too excited to eat. Happy birthday to us!" Lizzie said. Lizzie continues to embrace a surprised Josie as she spins them around for a moment before letting go and steadying her by squeezing her arms with her hands. "Isn't it a beautiful day for a party?" Lizzie asked. Josie is visibly uneasy by how happy Lizzie is acting this morning. "You're cheerful..." Josie said. Lizzie grabs Josie's hands and squeezes them happily. "Why wouldn't I be?" Lizzie asked. She spins on her heel as she babbles, with Josie smiling in response to her great mood. "Mom's coming home, I had sex with Raf, my pores are practically invisible..." Lizzie said.

Josie's smile immediately falls at the second piece of news as she taken aback in confusion. "Wait, what? You had sex with..." Josie said. "Last night. You know how Mom always says that things work out in the end the way they're supposed to? She's right. I wouldn't have time to represent the witches now with a boyfriend! So you getting the consolation prize is perfect." Lizzie said. Then Lizzie picks up two gold hairpieces from on top of her bed and holds them up toward the sides of her head as she turns back toward Josie. "Okay, I need your help. I'm going for Meghan Markle-tasteful." Lizzie said.

Before Josie can say anything further, a male voice is heard from the doorway. "Happy Birthday!" The voice said. The twins looked over and saw Aaron stood there. The twins smiled at him and hugged him. "Thank you." They said. Aaron then pulled out two bracelets for them. "They're both the same. Except they have your names in them." Aaron said. The twins took their presents and put them on. "Thank you." Lizzie said and hugged Aaron again. Lizzie pulled away and Aaron hugged Josie again. She pulled away a few moments later and a female voice was heard. "Woot woot! Happy birthday, witches!" The voice cheered.

The twins and Aaron turn to find Penelope standing in front of the door, holding a birthday cupcake in each hand as she greets them in a fake-cheerful tone of voice. Lizzie's delighted expression immediately turns to a scowl as she addresses her nemesis. "Oh, look. It's Satan in a crop top. Come to burn my world down?" Lizzie said. Penelope ignores this reference to the conversation Lizzie and Penelope had the previous night before Lizzie had sex with Rafael and instead focuses on the barrettes in Lizzie's hair. "Retro! Princess Di before she got style! I dig it." Penelope said.