Hope is Not The Goal

Salvatore Boarding School

The students have gathered in the grand hall, where Alaric and Sheriff Matt Donovan are standing at the podium to update them on recent events. "Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention." Alaric said. With that, Matt takes his place at the podium to address the students. "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night." Matt said. At that moment, photos of Dana and Sasha are passed throughout the aisles of students.

"Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Matt said. Then Matt, jaw clenched with worry, steps aside so Alaric can return to the podium. "Thank you, Sheriff Donovan." Alaric said. In the audience... MG is seated near the front, looks over at Kaleb, who is seated on his left, with a suspicious expression. "Now, while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha happened to be found by monsters..." Alaric said. Kaleb, noticing MG's stare, rolls his eyes and
whispers to him under his breath. "Dude, if you
don't stop mugging me... You heard Ol' Blue Eyes. Dana has a history of running away." Kaleb whispered.

"I saw you feed on her." MG said. "Yeah, feed. Not kidnap! MG, I'm telling you, vampire to vampire... this ain't on me." Kaleb said. Once they stop talking, they return to paying attention to Alaric's speech just in time to hear his plan. "Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools.." Alaric said. He briefly looks at Josie and Lizzie in the pews in front of him before moving on. "Which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference." Alaric said. Lizzie, with a look of determination, stands to her feet and buttons her blazer before turning to face her fellow students.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences
with Dana for a day...because that is what heroes
do." Lizzie said. She turns around to face her father. "So, I volunteer as tribute." Lizzie said. A few rows behind, Hope and Aaron are sitting together. Hope rolls her eyes and mutters under her breath, clearly exasperated by Lizzie's dramatics. "She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly she's Mother Teresa..." Hope muttered and Aaron snorted. Kaleb turns toward MG and gives him a look. "You're gonna be real embarrassed when I prove you wrong." Kaleb said. He then stands to his feet to volunteer. "I'm in." Kaleb said.

MG, wanting to keep an eye on Kaleb, stands up as well. "I'm in, too." MG said. In a surprising turn of events, Hope stands to her feet to volunteer for the trip, whilst dragging Aaron off his seat as well. "We'd like to help." Hope said. "Is that how this works. If one goes, the other does." Aaron muttered. "Pretty much." Hope said. "Great." Aaron said sarcastically. He smiled at Alaric and nodded.

Later

Alaric, Aaron and Hope are in work-out clothes in the gym, where they're working on their stick fighting skills whilst Aaron is working on punching bag. Alaric, still shocked by the fact that Hope and Aaron volunteered for the high school exchange program, looks at his young protégés incredulously. "Who are you, and what have you done with Hope Mikaelson and Aaron Salvatore?" Alaric asked. Alaric quickly ducks to avoid her strike and spins so they're facing each other from the opposite directions. Hope, resting her sticks against her shoulders when not in use, shrugs nonchalantly before the fight resumes.

"I never got to go to a real school. I've always wanted to know what it's like to be normal for a day instead of being one half of the tribrid loners." Hope said. Aaron laughed lightly before continuing to punch the bag. Alaric gives her a look as he blocks her strikes with his sticks. "Yeah, well, that's a bed you made for yourself..." Alaric said. Hope, focusing more on blocking his strikes than the conversation, grunts from exertion. "Not looking for a social lecture." Hope said. She then side-kicks at Alaric, aiming for his stomach, only for him to block her with his sticks. She bounces on the balls of her feet as she prepares for the next round.