I'll Tell You a Story

Salvatore Boarding School

Tensions around the school are high, Hope is avoiding Roman, whereas Rafael is avoiding Hope. Rafael's eyes glow orange as he walks through the halls and the next thing he knows, he is playing basketball in the gym. "That almost took your head off." Jed said. "Yo, how long have I been here?" Rafael asked. "For an hour." Jed said. Rafael has no recollection of the situation. "But you've been going through the motions like a zombie. You sure you're okay?" Jed asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. And, look, you don't need to pretend like you give a crap about me just 'cause I'm your alpha. The game's back on. Come on." Rafael said.

Meanwhile, Alaric shows Emma, Aaron and Hope a voicemail from Landon in his office. "Hey, Ric. Sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time. So I'm going camping for a while. Hopefully I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me." Landon's voice said. Alaric turns off the message. "Jed? Why would he say hi to Jed? You should go after him. Something doesn't make sense." Hope said. Aaron nodded. "Hope..." Alaric said. "Triad already tried to come for him once. It's not
safe for him out there." Hope said.

"We kept a massive secret from him, and I think he just needs some time to process that. I think we should respect his privacy and just wait." Alaric said. Hope leaves abruptly and angrily. Aaron sighed before following after her, leaving Emma and Alaric alone. Alaric then notices a look on Emma's face. "I know that look. What's wrong?" Alaric said. "These kids have been through so much lately. I've done all I can to help Rafael, but the side effects of Hope's elixir are getting worse. He's losing time, having flashes of aggression. I think he's still sliding between his wolf mind and his human mind." Emma said.

"I will. I'll keep an eye on him." Alaric said. "You've been running on fumes these past few weeks. It wouldn't hurt to bring in someone else to help, maybe even assist in researching Rafael's condition." Emma said. "Dorian is too proud to come back. You know that." Alaric said. "And you know how much I respect you. But are you sure it's his pride that's the problem?" Emma asked. Meanwhile in the kitchen, it's in shambles as Lizzie stands there when Hope and Aaron walk in. "Was there a monster attack in here?" Hope asked.

"There you guys are. I got tired of waiting, so I attempted a banana cream pie by myself." Lizzie said. "Where is it?" Aaron asked. "In the garbage. I said "attempted." So we're gonna go back to plan A, and you two are gonna make it for me." Lizzie said. "I can't bake." Aaron said. "You can clean though." Hope said. Aaron sighed. "Fine." He said. Lizzie took her apron off and handed it to Hope. "Status update: Josie didn't come back last night." Lizzie said. "Hasn't she been staying in Penelope's old room?" Aaron asked. "Yes she has." Lizzie said.

"Have you slept at all? You seem a little-" Hope said but was cut off. "Focused? Motivated? On point?" Lizzie asked quickly. Hope and Aaron exchanged a look. "Sure. Yeah." Aaron said. "Not sleeping in the same bedroom means that Twin Forgiveness Cuddle is off the table. But she's been holed up in the library, so a snack offering should do the trick." Lizzie said. "At some point, you might actually have to apologise." Hope said. Lizzie gasps. "Never apologise." Lizzie said. "Okay." Hope muttered. "Trust me, okay? This is what we do. I'm selfish, then she sulks, and then I offer baked goods." Lizzie said.

"Someone else's baked goods." Aaron said. "It's giving you something to do with yourselves, isn't
it? Your turn for an update. Any word from our
mop-headed elf?" Lizzie asked. "He says he needs time to think." Hope said. "Hmm." Lizzie hummed. "I don't know. I feel like if I could figure out the right thing to say, then he'd come back." Hope said. "So, practice. Emma has this prism that simulates a conversation. She makes me use it to talk to my mom and my dad when I'm in a state. I'll trade you one prism for a banana cream pie." Lizzie said and smiled. Hope agreed, somewhat bemused. "Okay. Let's make this pie." Aaron said. Lizzie smiled before walking out the kitchen. Aaron then looked at the mess she left. "And do a little cleaning." Aaron added on.