What Was Hope Doing in Your Dreams?

At night at the Salvatore School, Pedro begins
experiencing strange nightmares wherein a hooded figure attacks him. He is jolted awake by the nightmare and the other children tell him to go back to sleep. Meanwhile, Hope, Aaron and Alaric are in Alaric's office talking about the glowing urn artifact and the monster that comes wit it.

2.00 AM

"How long do you think it'll be before the next monster shows up?" Hope asked. "It's hard to say. I've never actually seen an artifact glow before. Where did you hide the urn, by the way?" Alaric said. "In an undisclosed location." Aaron said. Hope nodded, agreeing with her boyfriend. "Yeah. I'm not sure we should tell you." Hope said. "Excuse me?" Alaric asked. "Isn't it safer if only the two tribrids knows where it is?" Aaron asked. "Then one of us should be the adult." Alaric said. "Are you a tribrid?" Aaron asked. Alaric shook his head. "Then you can't know." Aaron said as if it was obvious.

"Tell me." Alaric said. "Funny, because I thought it should be the one of us... Sorry the two of us with high-level superpowers." Hope said, correcting herself. "What do we tell everyone else? We should probably warn them before a cyclops crashes exam week. Hopefully." Aaron said. Hope smiled at Aaron when he said that. "It's usually best to start with some form of the truth." Alaric said. "What about those times the truth is the one thing you can't say?" Hope asked. Hope had told him about what happened during the time he couldn't remember. And he was down to not tell Landon since he saw it as protecting Landon from being hurt again.

"Are you sure you want to keep all of this from
Landon? I mean, I understand you wanting to protect him, but..." Alaric said. "He's been wondering about his mother his whole life. He finally meets her and then she dies. If I can keep him from knowing what that feels like, then it's worth it." Hope said. She sighed. "Look, it's my secret to keep, Dr. Saltzman. Please." Hope said. "Okay." Alaric said. "Thank you." Hope said. "The trick is to give everyone the right amount of information without giving away too much. We've been through this before with the knife, so it shouldn't come as too much of a shock. This is our chance to do things differently, more responsibly." Alaric said.

Later

Alaric decides to hold an emergency meeting, calling all of the students to the hall in the middle of the night. "Yesterday, I came into possession of another Malivore artifact. It was my hope to find a method of containment before it signaled another monster, but given the emergency meeting I've just called, I'm sure you can guess how well that went." Alaric said. The students start murmuring amongst them. Landon turns to Rafael. "Do you see Hope or Aaron anywhere?" Landon asked. Rafael looks around, he doesn't see Hope or Aaron around.

"But rest assured we are taking every precaution.
Sheriff Donovan has been kind enough to open the doors of the Lockwood Mansion to us, so Mr.
Williams and Ms. Tig are now in the process of
evacuating our students from the lower grades." Alaric said. "Why don't we just evacuate the damn artifact?" Kaleb asked. "We are much more well-equipped than the world at large to handle the arrival of a monster. Once we know what we're dealing with and the problem is contained, then we can reassess what to do with the artifact. If any of you would like to evacuate, please talk to Dorian or Emma. However, exam week will continue as scheduled, wherever you are." Alaric said.

The students groan in disappointment. "I know. I'm sorry. I can't exactly call the state accreditation board and tell them that we're cancelling the exams because of monsters. We'll get through this, I promise. Try and get some rest, okay? Good night." Alaric said. Everyone starts leaving. "You evacuating?" MG asked. "Hell no, man. I got four exams in the morning. Need my beauty rest." Kaleb said. Meanwhile, Hope and Aaron were in his room studying. Aaron was looking through his geography book and was laid next to him bored. She had finished studying.