Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself

Salvatore Boarding School

Aaron was stood in Alaric's office, his arms crossed as he stared at the headmaster. "One day." Aaron said calmly. Alaric nodded. "I'm gone not one day and everything goes to hell." Aaron said annoyed. Alaric just nodded again. Aaron sighed. "At least tell me you have a way to get the dark magic out of Josie." Aaron said. Alaric shook his head. Aaron threw his hands up in annoyance before slamming them down on the arms of his chair. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Aaron exclaimed. "I wish I was." Alaric said. "So, let me get this straight. Josie has gone to the dark side. She has all the dark magic inside her. Hijacked a simulation and killed practically everyone in it and is now missing, probably causing trouble god knows where." Aaron summarised.

"That's pretty much what's going on, yeah." Alaric nodded. "I should have just stayed in New Orleans." Aaron muttered. The doors to the office opened and Hope marched in but halted when she saw Aaron sat in the office. "You're back." Hope said surprised. "Got here around 5 minutes ago. Been filled in on the current situation. Also, Aunt Freya and Aunt Keelin say hi." Aaron told his girlfriend. He then held up a brown paper bag. "Care package." Aaron said smiling warmly. Hope took the bag and looked inside to see the bag full of Freya's beignets. Hope smiled before pecking Aaron's cheek. "Thank you." Hope said. "Attention, students. Please make your way to morning assembly." Alaric said into the P.A. system.

Hope and Aaron stood up and started walking towards the assembly hall with Alaric following behind them. The two tribrids sat down as students started filing into the hall. Once everyone was sat down, Alaric began speaking. "I know you are all worried. Believe me, no one is more worried than I am. My daughter Josie is still missing. But even as I speak, we're doing everything we can to find her." Alaric spoke. He gestured to Jed and the rest of the pack. "Jed and the wolves are attempting to track her." Alaric informed the students. He then gestures to the vampires. "Kaleb and the vampires have compelled local police for any help that they can provide." Alaric added. He sighed before placing both hands on the podium.

"We will find her and bring her home. That said, I just want to reiterate, under no circumstance should any of you approach her. While she is our family and friend, she is under the influence of black magic and... not herself. Your safety and Josie's is my top priority. I promise you I will get through to her and bring back the Josie we know and love safely. But first... we just have to find her." Alaric spoke. A loud thud echoed through the hall and everyone looked up to see Josie stood at the top of the staircase and Aaron got a good look at her new appearance. Her hair was jet black. Her clothing all black. Dark veins sitting at the top of her forehead. Her posture more confident.

"I'm right here, Dad." Josie said. She then used magic to float down the staircase and landed next to her father. She then saw the shocked look on Alaric's face as well as the ones on the students. "Well, don't look so shocked. Did you really think that I would miss my birthday?" Josie said. She then looked over at Lizzie. "Oh, I'm sorry, our birthday." Josie said. She then looked at Alaric with a smirk. "So... what did I miss?" Josie asked. Aaron sighed and exchanged a look with Hope.