The Boy Who Still Has a Lot of Good to Do

Salvatore Boarding School

On the same night after coming back from defeating a mummy. Alaric was in his office when Kaleb walks in. "Dr. S." Kaleb said. "Kaleb. We just killed a mummy and spent six hours in a van together, and I'm not sure..." Alaric said but Kaleb cut him off. "I can't find MG." Kaleb said. "What do you mean?" Alaric asked. "I just checked in with his hall monitor, but he missed curfew. Monitor said he tried calling you." Kaleb said. Alaric checks his pockets. "Ah, that guy from Triad Enterprises took my phone." Alaric said. "All right, whatever. We.... we got to find him. This ain't the night for vampires to be walking around unchecked." Kaleb said as he leaves.

Later ~ Basement

Hope meets Alaric. "Have you seen Landon? I thought he might down here with Raf for moral support." Hope said. "Raf's not here." Hope said. "Wait, he's what?" Hope asked. "The supervisors said he didn't check in. And now MG's missing, too." Alaric said. "But it's a full moon." Hope said. Just then, they hear a howling in the distance. "Oh, God." Hope said. Minutes later, Hope and Alaric go outside to search in the woods for Rafael. "I don't know why my locator spell didn't work." Hope said. "If you can't find them, it means they're being cloaked or..." Alaric said. "Or they're dead. I'm aware." Hope said. "What would possess them to leave campus? Why would they be so irresponsible?" Alaric asked.

"They wouldn't. Something must have happened." Hope said. Just then, Aaron came rushing towards them. "Hope. Dr. Saltzman." Aaron called out. "Aaron, what are you doing here?" Hope asked. "I heard the howling. I came to check it out and that's when I found him by the gate." Aaron said. "Who?" Alaric asked. "Follow me." Aaron said. He takes them to the front where they see a wounded Rafael. "Raf? Raf! Hey, are you okay?" Hope asked. "MG, Landon..." Rafael muttered. "Hey, what's going on?" Aaron asked. "Where's Landon?" Hope asked. "I can't remember." Rafael muttered.

Later

They bring Rafael back to the school and take him to Emma for help. Rafael's breathing is trembling as he was sitting down on his bed. bed. "Lunar psychosis?" Alaric asked. "That's a thing?" Hope asked. "Quit talking. Making noise." Rafael muttered. All of a sudden, he lets out a growl and goes to attack them but Aaron stops him with a spell. "Tardus pulsatio." Aaron chanted. Rafael stops in his tracks as he starts to calm down. "It's a thing." Emma said. "What did you do to him?" Hope asked Aaron. "It's okay. I'm just slowing down his heart. It will calm him." Aaron said. Hope nodded. Rafael is now calm as he looks around confused. "What's happening to me? I keep...losing time." Rafael said.

"As I said... lunar psychosis, which means that your mind is in flux, trapped between... your wolf and human states, making it harder to bridge the gap and access your memories like you normally would. It's very rare. It only happens after a premature reversion." Emma said. "So something caused your body to shift back before the full moon was over, leaving you like this." Aaron said. "Wh-What kind of something?" Rafael asked. "Usually trauma. Something bad happened." Hope said, starting to grow worried about her friend. Aaron grabbed her hand, comfortingly. "We don't know that." Emma said. "Three of them left, and only one came back. Something bad happened." Hope said.

Emma sighs. "Hope...why don't you give us a minute? Go on and check on the other wolves." Emma said. "I'm worried about this one." Hope said worriedly. "Hope... please." Emma said. Hope scoffs as she walks out the door. Aaron follows her out to check on her and finds in the hallway, her breathing trembling as she fears the worst. He pulls Hope into a hug because he knew that his girlfriend was worrying. Back in Raf and Landon's room, Emma and Alaric were talking. "What's the danger of him turning wolf again? I mean, this whole wing is filled with sleeping vampires." Alaric said. "Don't worry, I'll keep him sealed in. What his mind needs now is to be surrounded by all the things that are familiar to him, that connect him to his humanity, not his lycanthropy." Emma said.