Dancing With The Children

I love children, they are innocent, they smell great (on occasion), and they are everything that is everything so when Carter asked me to come to the Pediatric Ward of the Hospital and give dance lessons as an alternative physical therapy, I packed up the studio staff and came immediately.

"Thank you for doing this, the children are going to be so excited, and my attending is going to be pretty impressed," Carter said while holding my hips and swaying with me.

"It's my pleasure. I absolutely adore children and Leilani is one of the best teachers ever. Sierra is amazing with organizing and Landen is basically a big child himself."

"Are you teaching today?" He asked and held me close.

"I am going over basic stretches that I got approved for each patient. I suppose if you won't let me go the children won't be prepared to dance."

He let me go "I wouldn't want to keep you from the patients and making me look good."

While walking off he decided to smack my ass

Sierra walked up to me when he walked away. "You know I think you should definitely secure the Doctor's bag." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"How many are in my class?" I asked ignoring her little comment.

"So, the physical therapist and Dr. Graham explained that each of us will have one patient at a time. It supplies them with privacy and will allow them to open up a little more. If today is a positive impact on them the hospital would want to discuss further treatments." Sierra said and I smiled.

"That's wonderful! Who do I have?" I asked.

"Toronto Wilson, she tore her ACL and has been suffering from anxiety when it comes to other recommended therapy. She only agreed because Carter recommended you." Sierra shared with a silly grin on her face.

"How far along is she in her recovery?" I asked.

"She been cleared for activity however skips physical therapy. Her doctors fear if she not active she will not be working at the way she should be. The surgery was a success overall." Sierra explained.

"Okay, I have everything set up so bring her in when she is comfortable," I said and Sierra left out.

..................

Carter walked with a young black girl, she had her hair in a braided bun, and she had a limp, and when she saw me, she gave me a shy smile.

"Serenity, this is my patient Toronto Wilson, and Toronto this is Serenity. She will be showing you some stretches. Dr. Graham, Dr. Ryann, and I will be on the side watching to make sure you don't push too hard." Carter explained and she nodded.

"I thought we would be dancing..." She mumbled.

"If you stretch properly then next week, we could get into some mild combinations that are approved." I bargained.

"I'll give it a try." She said and I could tell she was anxious.

"I have panic disorder, when my brother couldn't afford to get me therapy, he would sign me up for dance classes. It really helped me will my panic disorder and provided me a healthy outlet..." I admitted.

"I used to run track and my sister she used to be a dancer... She got cancer and passed... The last time she saw me run I was screaming out in pain... She passed while I was in surgery. I thought if I did this, I would feel connected to her." She shared and I smiled.

"All it takes is one step, at least that's what my therapist tells me," I said and reached my hand out to her. She took it and Carter walked away with a giant smile.