Relationships

Relationship (n.)- a state of being connected by blood or marriage.

The way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected or the state of being connected.

The way in which two or more people or groups regard and behave towards each other.

..................

Above are some of the standard meanings of relationships however relationships are different for everyone. After my semi-tense conversation with Kasen about my relationship, I thought about talking to Dr. Reese about it.

"Has the charity planning been overwhelming?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yes, however my lack of glee has less to do with that and more to do with my boyfriend being M.I.A" I said

"What's been going on?" Dr. Reese asked and I felt a sense of relief.

Honestly coming to Dr. Reese's office every week has made me feel secure because I am not hopping from place to place. Dr. Reese is a consistent source for me to get the mental balance I need while feeling safe. A relationship that has been built over a course of months.

"Carter and I have been together for 4 months. We have been talking less and less. He pretty much comes over once every two weeks. I know he is a resident and I am a busy woman as while however maybe I am overthinking or something." I spoke.

"First you should know that your feelings and thoughts are valid. If you don't realize that then you will always question yourself and your own confidence."

"I understand however sometimes it can be so difficult not to think that I am just overthinking or being emotional." I babbled.

"It's completely normal to be emotional and to think about the things you care about. Putting thought behind something that means something to you doesn't make you crazy at all." Dr. Reese explained

I took in her words. I became relieved and realize that she was right. Putting the right amount of thought behind an idea or person you are thinking about isn't bad and emotions are a normal part of being human.

"These things only become negative when you put negative energy behind them. I think sometimes you have to get out of your own head and ask the right questions the moment the thought is present in your mind." Dr. Reese continued

"I think that's something I can at least practice."

"How does the decrease in interaction make you feel?" Dr. Reese asked

"It makes me feel crappy sometimes and I occasionally think myself into understanding it."

"I think you should talk to Carter about your thoughts. The foundation of almost all relationships is harmonious communication. You two are both busy individuals and you both have times where you go long periods of time not together. Your communication and consistency will make you together in a way that is more profound than actually being physically together. This bond will increase the pleasure of being together in person." Dr. Reese explained

Harmony (adj.)- Togetherness with no friction

Agreement or concord

The quality of forming a pleasing and consistent whole.

"I mean these are normal issues in relationships," I stated.

"Of course. You and I had to learn to communicate and how to develop in such a way that brings harmony. It's like when you listen to an amazing song. The melody, words, instruments and beat all come together to create harmony however it did not just take one take. Some of your communication roadblocks may be due to you trying to avoid conflict because all your parents did is fight." Dr. Reese further explained.