November

How to Start a Charity

Write A Plan

Register a 501c3.

Fundraising

After months of planning, not only is A Piece of Serenity a registered 501 C3 but we are overbooked for both events and it's November 1st.

Here is an update on some of the things that have happened over the past couple of months. Sierra moved in with Kasen officially even though she was over there almost every day anyways.

The dance studio renovations went over perfectly, and they better have because I almost sent my whole life's savings to get it done.

Carter and I have been doing great even though I haven't quite admitted that I am in love with him yet. You could say that I am scared, at least that's what all my friends, Kasen, and Dr. Reese have said about me not saying it yet. Plus, why can't he say it first and I kind of just get on the ride with him saying it. Why must I profess my love first.

Dr. Reese is pregnant, and I am extremely happy for her! I mean what's not to love about your amazing therapist about to start a beautiful family?

..................

I was sleeping in my comfortable bed after getting quite wasted on yesterday with my staff for our Spook Fest dance studio event.

"It's time to wake up Serenity." Carter said and rubbed my thigh.

"Carter... just give me a couple more minutes." I whined and turned towards him while tucking my face into his chest.

"Serenity, it's Sunday. If we are late to a Sunday brunch at your brother's house he going to stop having them and I really enjoy his waffles." Carter said and I laughed.

"Fine, I am doing this because I love you..." I said unconsciously.

"You...." Carter said and my eyes got big.

So much for waiting for him to say it and then riding the wave for him. Damn hungover Serenity.

"I should get ready now." I said and vanished into the bathroom.

"Wait... Serenity!" He called.

I turned on the shower to drown out his voice and locked the door.

"Great, you ruined shower sex." I complained to my reflection.

I let the water run over my hair and body just so I would relax about saying I love you to Carter. It just came out so naturally.

I remember what Dr. Reese said about me even telling Carter. She should definitely get paid more because the woman's accuracy is terrifying.

"Serenity, the perfect moment to say I love you really isn't real. You say it when your heart, mind, and body all really feel it. I told my husband I loved him while he was rubbing my feet after we had been dating for 2 months. I was mortified when he started laughing. Then he kissed my feet and said I love you too. We have been married for 3 years now. When it happens. It happens." She told me so gracefully.

I thought about the moment and what he would have said if I didn't disappear. I really hoped I didn't ruin the moment or maybe I saved myself from embarrassment. I turned off the shower.

"I'll just get ready for brunch and we can talk about it later." I said to myself.

I stepped out the bathroom ready to go and Carter was dressed in jeans and a black tee shirt. I wore a white turban with two braids on the side and a mint green sweat suit with some white sneakers.