19

It's been a couple of days sense the call and I haven't heard anything from Austin.

Today I woke up late and had to rush out the door to beat traffic. Rudy was waiting for me when I was finally out of the makeup chair. Rudy completely understood.

The director had a bit of a fit sense I was an hour late and it would push back more filming.

Once I got my lunch from craft I sat down in my trailer in the ac it felt good. My phone was getting notifications some from Madelyn and some from Instagram.

All I wanted was one text from Austin even an ok or a I'm good would make me feel better.

I looked through my Instagram and saw some more premier pictures and saw Austin. Why couldn't he just call me or text me I would be fine with both.

I decided to look through my contacts list and find Austin's name and click on it.

It kept ringing and ringing until I heard the voice mail "Hey it's Austin I'm probably busy right now so call me back later." I was so frustrated.

The end of filming came and I was still mad. I got a call from Baz so I took it under the tree.

"Hello," I said. "Hey Kaylen it's Baz just wanted to say when are you coming over to the premier," Baz said. "Umm I can't right now I'm still filming Outer Banks and we're trying to get the last scenes done," I told him. "Alright," He said. "Umm have you heard anything from Austin," I said. "I thought you guys were talking." "No I haven't heard from him," I told him. "Alright well I'll talk to him but I have to go see you Kaylen." "Bye," I said.

Austin hasn't said anything about me. I was at home making popsicles when I saw on Instagram about Austin doing an interview with Kaia Gerber and loaded the video. It was him talking about playing Elvis and then Kaia started talking why was she even there she wasn't even apart of Elvis.

Austin was always looking at her even when he talked. I knew she was pretty I mean come on she's a model. And I took one look at me and got upset.

I knew I would never look like her. I was just me who had curly brown hair and she was amazing just everything about her.

"I'm never going to look like her," I told myself out loud. Just as I saw the video Austin popped up on my phone and it was a call. A call not a text.

I pushed the acceptance button. "Hello," I said voice almost shaking. "Hey babe I saw you called me early what do you need." So he finally checks that I call him. "Aus I've been trying to get hold of you for days," I told him. "We're in different time zones baby I'm not always going to answer you," he said. "Yeah well I just wanted to know if you were alive." "Look baby can we not do this right now I'm about to do an interview," he said. "With Kaia right." "How'd you no," Austin said. "I saw from the video popping up everywhere," I told him.

"We'll look she's just a friend and she happened to be there," he said. "Yeah but she's not even apart of the cast," I told him. "Why do you have to be like this," Austin said. "Like what." "This if any girl comes even 5 feet close to me your jealous," he said. "Am not." "Are too you can't handle one girl that's right in front of me why can't you just stop and be nice," Austin said.

I was shocked that he'd ask me that. "Maybe because you look at every girl like your going to marry them," I said. I could tell Austin was getting mad. "Look can we talk about this later I have to go," Austin said and hung up.

I sat in my kitchen looking down at a picture of Austin and me when Austin took me to set one day. Austin was looking at me like I was the only girl in the room and I was facing the camera smiling.