Chapter 29- Turmoil (1)

Two weeks had passed. Esperanza's body had gotten better, though it was not in the condition to be able to walk. She could at the very least drink water herself and have food, unlike when she had dropped her spoon on the first attempt. She moved around in a magical chair, which could take her to any place she wanted. (A/N: Sort of a wheelchair.)

Like the normal days, in the morning, she headed towards the dining hall to have her breakfast. The hall was always quiet; it only had the sounds of her spoon and forks. The seat of the head was always empty and when she would ask the butler Callidus as to why so, he would just say, "His grace is busy with his work." But his work seemed to be lasting for a quite long time. This made her more certain and firm of the fact that he doesn't care about her.

She waited as the maids served the breakfast. A porridge, along with some vegetables. Someone entered the room just as she took the first bite of the porridge. He was a man with a perfect build and greyish-blue hair. Her eyes met with his cold, yet sort of mesmerizing amber eyes. She could recognize him well, he was her father, as she was told rumors of his beauty. For a second, she was startled. She lowered her eyes and stared at her food. He didn't feel familiar at all. She was expecting that there might be a slight sense of familiarity, but there was none. Everything had turned so unfamiliar, making her sometimes wonder, is this really where she belongs?

"Your condition seems to have gotten better." The Duke said and Esperanza silently nodded her head. He started eating as well.  After a few minutes of silence, he finally spoke up.

"I... You remember me?" He asked, his expression unperceivable. Esperanza shook her head and he remained silent.

"That's good then." He said. "Callidus will help you remind you of your duties because I'll be leaving for settling some matters. Maybe I'll be back in a year or two." He said. Esperanza abruptly stopped eating and placed the fork without finishing her food.

"Are they such important matters?" She muttered and then yelled it out. "Are they so important for you to neglect your daughter?!" She yelled and threw the fork on the floor. She was sick of it. Being neglected. She no longer wanted to be neglected. Even if she has thrown thousands of tantrums, she'll settle it today. If he can't be a father to her, then he'd better disown her. At the very least, she might find someone good outside this social world.

"I don't know what I've gone through, but with certainty, I can say it is injustice." She said, looking straight into his eyes. "Fourteen years, you left me. I understand it was for our country. But when you were back, did you ever give me a moment of your time? I don't know. But today, meeting you explains it all." She snickered. "I ask for nothing, your grace. All I want is justice. I am rightfully your daughter. You have no right to leave me like this. If you can't be a father, then disown me right now. Forget that you ever had a daughter." She said, her sapphire eyes filled with unwavering determination. The duke's pupils shook, and she took her fork and stabbed it in his heart with massive force. Blood oozed out and spilled around like a waterfall, the maids were startled and the butler was nowhere in sight. She turned around to leave. However, suddenly some violent force threatened to suck her and she found herself sitting on her chair.

She stared at her plate, which was supposed to be empty but was half full. She stared at them in disbelief and looked at the duke.

"Your grace... just now, had I said something?" She asked him with a shaky voice. He looked up at her in confusion.

"No." Came out his blunt reply. The fork fell out of her hand. The maids, the butler and the duke looked at her. She was sweating profusely. She picked up the fork with a quivering smile. 

"An accident, I apologize." She left the hall without finishing her breakfast. When the doors of the hall closed behind her and she was not in the sight of the maids, she ran till her room. She slammed her door close and slid down, her breathing unstable and her heart beating rapidly.

What.... what just happened?

That moment, while uttering those words, she felt as if her body was not in her control. She did not had the intention to do that. All she wanted was to...... She wan unsure of what she wanted to do. As she recalled the pool of blood, she gasped and shut her eyes. When she opened them, her eyes fell on her hands. For a second, they appeared bloodied. Startled and terrfied, she washed them again and again, though there was no blood on her hand, the hallucinations kept pestering her.

Vengeance...Vengeance... you want vengeance....

A feminine voice whispered softly in her ear, sending a shiver down her voice.

No... love... love.... all you need is love....

Another voice whispered.

A/N: I'm going on a hiatus because of my upcoming exams.

Thanks for reading!