Chapter 64 - Information Guild (3)

Chapter 64

Qing Lin raised her eyebrow.

"You're sure?"

"Yes,"

"But you just looked at the picture," Qing Lin pointed out, "How can I trust your words to be plausible?"

"My actions may not seem plausible, but my words certainly are," The person said.

"On what basis?"

"I may possess abilities beyond your capabilities. If you do not trust my statement, then there's nothing I can do,"

Qing Lin paused and observed the person for a second. She'd been looking for a plausible guild, and Forêt had brought her here. Either Forêt had deceived her and brought her somewhere she could be spammed, or the person was speaking the truth, making her job an impossible task. She decided to go with the first possibility. After all, why would someone be kind enough to help her repeatedly?

"My abilities, however, are limited," The person suddenly said, "I can identify only the people within this empire. But, I do know someone who might be able to help you in such a situation,"

"Really?" His words grasped her entire attention. However, she furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Wait," She looked at the hooded person, "Why would you tell me this? My question was only to identify this girl. Why should you offer me the information I've not asked for?" Qing Lin's mind answered her question.

'Unless you're trying to deceive me.'

"I'm a person of conscience," The person said, "You came to me with a request. I couldn't fulfil it. The least I can do is provide you with other means to fulfil your request,"

"A mysterious person like you is supposed to be that kind?"

"It's not supposed to be. It's my choice how I wish to be." His words cut down the remaining retorts in Qing Lin's throat. "Have you ever heard of the Clairvoyant Witch?"

"No,"

"You're not a native?"

"No."

"Alright then. I'll tell you. There's a Clairvoyant Witch, who lives in street 13 and is reclusive by nature. People used to seek her out for her clairvoyant powers to fulfill their requests. But, of course, with the advent of information guilds, now nobody seeks her out. She'll be able to fulfill your request,"

"You talk as if she's thousands of years old. Would she even be alive?"

The hooded person chuckled, "Of course she'll be. She's a witch. She's immortal,"

Qing Lin sighed as she thought,' What a waste of my two hours to be here. He thinks I'm stupid to be bringing in a child's story to placate me.' She smiled as she stood up and said, "Oh really, thank you, but I don't believe you. Therefore, I hope you won't get infuriated if I don't pay you."

"You don't need to pay. I failed to fulfil your request and wasted your trip here. You might treat this as a compensation. As for your faith in my words, it doesn't matter. I've done my part. I'll just tell you her address, Shop no.124 of street 13. If you ever change your mind, you may seek her out."

Qing Lin was taken aback by his words, and came to believe one of his sentences; he was certainly a man of conscience. She turned around and opened the door, but before closing it, she said to him the words she'd suppressed.

"Witches aren't necessarily immortal. Those born with a mortal lifespan, at times, grow up to be witches with the most vicious hearts. Your sentence needs to be rephrased,"

With that, she closed the door, her heart heavy as the image of someone flashed briefly.

A white haired girl with a spurious smile, someone she never knew.