Chapter 35 - The Game (3)

"Just what is that?!" Esperanza asked the room started becoming hotter as every second passed.

T_That's the demon.... the rage of your mana...

"Ha," The woman scoffed. "So you're my master, huh? Just look at your bony arms, they indirectly tell how fragile you are. Well, I apologize for my attack earlier, you see, I don't much prefer intruders. Whatever, as I'm indebted to you, I shall grant you one of your wishes. Tell me, what is that you wish for?" The woman asked as she plucked a thorn from one of the roses in the vase.

"I want to tame you," Esperanza stated. The figure, for a second, appeared astonished, and then she threw the thorn aside as she let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Tame me?" She said sarcastically. "Sure, why not? You think I'll easily agree like that?" The woman said. For a second, Esperanza almost felt humiliated, but then she realized she had no reason to feel so because that was the truth- she was nothing more than a weakling who could barely walk. She realized that just bluntly stating her desire won't do it, she needs to mend the disadvantages the demon might face. She pondered for a moment, then smiled.

"How about I lend my body to tell you? You're free to use it as per your wishes." She ventured. It was a risky move, but worth the risk.

"I already have your body." The woman retorted back.

"You are nothing but a tenant within it, don't forget." She smiled. "But I can allow you to possess it and accomplish your ambitions. While you can aid me as my power and help me accomplish my ambitions, a fair deal, isn't it?"

"I refuse, don't think that I don't realize that the one to benefit simply will be you. I would only be allowed to possess your body at night, and I cannot overstep my boundaries, and that includes I'm not allowed to harm someone in your name. I'm not an idiot." The woman said. "You better make another wish."

Esperanza for a moment was silent, with her head drooped down. Next, when she lifted it, her eyes were no longer blue-rather, limpid, and black. She jumped off the bed and stood up, something which had been a herculean task for her the past month she woke up. She approached the woman with an impassive expression. She raised her hands and slowly circled them around the woman's fiery neck, and then, promptly, she tightly grasped them. The woman gasped with surprise as she let out choking sounds.

"I didn't want to use force," She said in a steely voice, which was unlike hers. "But you made do so, Thalassa." The woman was utterly shocked and attempted to speak, however, the words were just choked within her throat. Black smoke started emerging from Esperanza's hands, forming a chain-like structure around the woman's neck. She let go of her neck.

"Kneel," She said. The woman fell to her knees. Although she didn't have a proper face, when she looked up, one could sense the hatred rising inside her heart.

"You ignorant fool---" She muttered, and the chain tightened around her neck. Veins visibly throbbed around her head as she gritted her teeth. "You're not her, who are you?" She asked.

"You don't need to know, Thalassa," Esperanza said. "Just mark my words; oblige to her commands, or else don't blame me for the dire consequences you might face." She warned.

"Don't call me by that wretched name!" She shouted, struggling to break the chains. But Esperanza formed a fist and tightened it, which made the woman still.

"Learn to respect your master." She said with a domineering voice. "I will not disable these chains until you're quiet and calm." The woman glared at her hatefully and calmed herself down. However, her resentment did not fade away. Esperanza gestured at her heart and stumbled backward. She was stopped from falling by the edge of her table, and she shook her head. When she opened her eyes, they are sapphire blue once again. She gasped as she saw the woman knelt on the floor.

Don't worry, I've done the rest. She's now under your control.

Estrella's voice echoed. She understood the entire situation and nodded her head.

You see, those black chain-like things around her neck? Keep her in control of that. Whenever she's on a rampage or disobedient, you can squeeze the orb kept on the table.

"Thank you," Esperanza said as she bowed. Unconsciously, her eyes had landed on her arm when she heard the word chains, though she was unsure of why. She looked at the woman who still seemed to be glaring at her.

"What is your name?" She asked. The woman humped as she turned her around,  and Esperanza's hand reached out for the orb. The woman flinched as she hastily replied.

"Fotia, my name is Fotia." She hastily replied. Esperanza smiled.

"Then, Fotia, you're my power from now on."

...

"My Lady, are you sure you're well enough to resume your studies in the academy?" Callidus asked as worry lines ceased his forehead when he heard Esperanza's declaration. Esperanza couldn't help but feel disgusted at his tone which was filled with pretense and fake worry. She simply nodded, her elbow resting on the table, her chin on her palms as she looked from one new face to another. Amongst the bunch of servants, she noticed a familiar face that made her almost flinch. The person at the far end was Avyana, her maid. She hadn't seen her for the past two weeks, because she had isolated herself and refused to let anyone enter her room.  Their eyes met, and Avyana gave a little, harmless smile. But that harmless smile had always sent terror waves to Esperanza. Esperanza averted her eyes away. Somehow, there was an unsettling feeling of guilt, an unreasonable feeling that promptly arose in her heart.

"I know myself better than anyone, Callidus." She said. "I just need someone to guide me, on what preparations I shall make beforehand." Callidus sighed helplessly.

"Fine, my lady, then Ste___" He abruptly paused and shook his head. "Pardon me, I mean, Avyana can guide you. After all, she knows you the best." He said, but Esperanza could sense a hint of mockery within his tone.

/Was he trying to say another name?/ (A/N: From now on, Esperanza's thoughts will be put into slash with italic contents, so that it isn't confused with Estrella's voice. Estrella's voice will be put into italic contents.)

"Then, Avyana, I hope you can assist me with the proper preparations without neglecting anything out," Esperanza said as Avyana moved forward. With the same unperceivable smile on her face, she bowed.

"Certainly, I shall, my lady."