Chapter Thirty-Eight

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Loki closed his eyes as McKenna sank into him, her lips creeping softly up along his neck. Her heartbeat vibrated through him, as furious as his own, and her breath came across his skin in heated bursts between her soft kisses. He smiled into her hair, tightening his arms about her. "Oh, love..." he managed to whisper, even as his own breath was so damn hard to catch.

"Mmmm... yes?" Her lips brushed his ear, which sent a shiver racing down his spine. The tip of her tongue lightly traced along the shell of his ear and he couldn't hold back his sigh, trailing the tips of his fingers along the valley of her spine. Even after nearly six years together, she worked such amazing magic on him, unlike any he could ever conjure. She knew exactly how to touch him, how to tease him, how to make him ache for her like he never ached for a woman before, and when she melted against him, he thanked any god he could think of for bringing her into his life.

At that moment, when she melted against him, if she asked for the sun and the moon and everything in between, he would give it to her.

His entire body hummed as she curved against him, the remnants of his climax still tingling their way through him, her whispered, "I love you," as powerful to his senses as any touch. Three little words, and yet they meant so much to hear.

"I love you, too, McKenna..." he breathed, his heart still racing enough to make his head spin. "And that was..." His silver tongue had gone leaden, leaving him without words to describe the pleasure still rumbling through him. "Where did you learn that?"

Her laugh came softly across his ear. "I'll never tell."

"Oh, really?" With a playful growl, he gripped her more tightly and rolled over to pin her beneath him. "Cosmo, again?"

She shook her head, her eyes sparkling in the glow of the dozens of candles flickering around their room. Her skin looked like burnished ivory, but he could see the hints of a flush in her cheeks, in her lips from the ferocity of his kisses only a few minutes earlier. She slid her arms about his middle, lightly raking her fingernails up toward his shoulders. "I don't use their tips, Loki. I've read too many awful ones there. This came from Shay, actually."

He grinned. "Do tell?"

"Well, we do talk, you know. We compare notes."

He wasn't so sure he liked the sound of that. "What?"

She smiled, her fingernails scratching downward now. "Don't worry. From the sounds of it, Tony isn't even in the same ballpark as you. I don't think he's even the same city."

He dipped forward and brushed her lips with a teasing kiss. "Well, should I thank her for the tip, then? It felt amazing."

Her cheeks glowed pink and her smile was one of satisfaction. "Good. Then I did it right."

"Oh, love, you definitely did it right." He braced on his forearms, catching her face between his palms. "And I hope you'll do it again."

Her nails moved back up, toward his shoulders, and he couldn't hold back his shiver, which made her smile even more smug as she said, "We'll see."

"Oh, is that so?"

He waited for her to nod, then he shifted, reaching first with one hand, then the other, to grab her by the wrists. Then, he gently pinned both her hands above her head with his left hand alone, smiling as he murmured, "Dangerous words, love. Very dangerous words."

Her eyes widened and he almost groaned when the tip of her tongue darted out to brush her bottom lip. Holding his gaze, she whispered, "I'll take my chances with you, Loki."