❦ 2

CHAPTER 2
" Okay, I'm on my way "

" I found a part of ME From a place that YOU don't seem to seeWhere I can go to fall asleep again "

From a place that YOU don't seem to see
Where I can go to fall asleep again "

Heart of ice
BoyWithUke

Aria laid in her twin size bed, recounting all the stuff that took place during the day. It was all to much for her brain to process. A whirlwind of emotions, all hurling around to quickly.

As if it was an instinct, her eyes almost instantly shot over to the picture of herself and Brandon, feeling and overwhelming amount of comfort. She smiled to herself, hoping it would push back the tears, that were bound to fall.

But she didn't let them fall, instead she sniffled, drawing back any emotion she felt, until her face was emotionless and blank.

She stared up at the ceiling, listening to the loud sound of the frogs croaking outside. Everything else was silent, almost calming.

But the moment never lasted long, always being interrupted by something. And this time it was a phone call, buzzing right in Aria's ear, causing her to groan. She reached over her side, finding her phone fumbled between the comforter.

She didn't check the caller ID, to tired to bother. "Hello?" She spoke into the phone, putting it up to her ear.

"Hey, Aria" Jayla's voice sounded from the other line. "I was just calling to make sure you're okay." There was a pause before she spoke up again. "Sorry if I woke you up" she apologized.

"Uh- no you're fine." Aria dismissed. "Thank you for checking up on me" Aria then sighed, feeling the sudden urge to apologize for all she's done. "I know you said not to apologize-"

Jayla only cut her off, already knowing what was going to leave her mouth. "Stop apologizing. We understand why you did it and we forgive you." Her voice was stern and serious, no room for lies.

Aria smiled sadly to herself, wishing she could believe. "Okay, I won't" she lied. The line went quiet for a second, Aria to scared to ask the question that was burning her thoughts. "Um-could I come over? I know- I know that stupid, a-and it's to late but-"

"Ari of course you can. You're welcomed here any time, even at 10pm" Jayla gently laughed. The old nickname rolled off her tongue so smoothly neither of them even noticed. Jayla didn't like the amount of panic im Arias voice. Before everything happened, Aria wouldn't even ask when she came over, and neither did they. It was some unspoken thing they had between the five of them. Before everything lost its shine, and went straight the dullness of it.

"Thank you Jay" Once again the nickname sipped off her tongue, while neither of them noticed.

"Want me to come pick you up?" Jayla asked, keeping her voice soft, afraid of upsetting the girl.

"Uh-" she bit her lip, stopping herself from saying 'yes', knowing she would be asking for to much. So instead she said, "I'll just drive myself." Aria once again thought about how much of a burden she'd probably be just showing up. "Does Jess and DJ, care?"

"Ari, you know they don't" Jayla reassured. "They've been asking none stop when you're coming over again"

Aria smiled at the thought of DJ and Jess missing her. She missed them all so much, even Daelo. All she wanted to do was give them the biggest hugs. She always felt safe there. Her and Brandon.

They could tell DJ and Jess anything, and not once would they tell their parents.

DJ and Jess were the parents Aria never had.

"Okay, I'm on my way" Aria finalized, even though she still felt like she was stilling being a burden. Jayla and Aria said their goodbyes, then hanging up.

The amount of excitement that surged through Jaylas body was crazy. She immediately ran to her parents room, where they were watching something on their tv. She didn't even bother to knock, instead she just bursted into their room, excitingly jumping around the room.

They paused their movie, looking at their oldest in amusement and worry.

"You good?" Jess asked, looking at her in bewilderment.

"Arias coming over!" Jayla screeched. She didn't miss the way her parents eyes lit up with excitement.

"Really?!" they asked in unison.

"Yes!" Jayla once again screeched. She was beyond excited to see her best friend that she had fell out with. She wouldn't considerably call it a fall out, but she understood why Aria needed her space.

Back at Aria's house she was grabbing a few things before heading out of her house to her car. She didn't want to be alone that night, her mom was still in her Night Shift, and it was dangerous for Aria to be alone with her intrusive thoughts. She made sure to leave a note on the fridge, letting her mom know where she was if June was to come back that night.

Aria cranked the car, connecting her phone to the aux cord, listening to any song of Steve Lacy's.

Soon enough she was parked on the side of their road. She hadn't forgot how big their house was. Their whole neighborhood was filled with big Georgia houses.

One thing was for sure that they had money. And for all good reasons. Everyone in that family had some type of talent. Wether it was a celebrity, or just their own talent. And everyday Aria envied that life, wishing she had a special talent.

She nervously bit down on her lip, watching the porch lights turn on. The front door slowly creaked open revealing Jayla, who looked over the roof with happiness.

Aria felt a smile subconsciously form on her lips. So she turned the car off, taking her keys out ignition. She opened the car door, shutting it behind her. Jayla was already on her way over to Aria, a bounce in her every step.

Aria thought for a second. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.