❦ 5

CHAPTER 5
" Just fine "

" How I LOOK , what I do, what im sayin'I spend to much time, EXPLAININGMyselfI hope there's SOME time to change it "

I spend to much time, EXPLAINING
Myself
I hope there's SOME time to change it "

Star shopping
lil peep

The next morning Aria woke up by the feeling of someone tapping her shoulder. It was enough for Aria to wake out of her sleep.

She slowly turned her head, being faced with Daelo. She squinted her eyes, trying to make out the short figure in front of her. She shot up straight looking at the boy in her blurred vision, as she was still trying to adjust being awake.

He gave her a sheepish smile, one she tried, yet failed to return. He held his hands behind his back, rocking side to side, still with a sheepish smile. "Mom wanted to know if you any breakfast?" He asked. "There's pancakes!"

Aria thought for a second. "That sounds good, but I'm not to hungry" She declined. She would eat something if she knew Jaden wouldn't be down there. But there was no telling wether he would or not, so she stuck with the safer option.

Always stick with the safer option.

"Oh, well, you're eating" Daelo crossed his arms, making his way to Jayla who still laid sprawled out beside Aria.

"Wake up!" He shook his sisters shoulders. "Come one! Mom made pancakes"

Jayla rolled on her side with a groan. "Okay Daelo, I'm up"

As Daelo was happy enough with that response, he tutted over to Javon, ready to wake him up. "Javo-"

Javon rolled onto his side, facing the young boy. "I'm awake"

"Then hurry, the pancakes are ready" he smiled, running out of the room, not bothering to close the door behind him.

Jayla slowly got off the couch, reaching out a hand for Aria, which she hesitantly took.

Nonetheless the three teenagers reluctantly got up, fixing themselves up slightly, before traveling their way down stairs.

Javon and Aria were the first to make it downstairs, meanwhile Jayla was still in the bathroom. Luckily just Jessica were in the kitchen, giving Aria a sense of relief.

Javon waved over Aria, motioning for her to sit beside him on the bar stool.

Aria had noticed the sound of quiet music coming from somewhere skeins the kitchen. It was loud enough for her to make out the lyrics, but not make out the song. She could tell Jessica loved the song by the way she swayed her body to it and song the lyrics with passion, as she made more pancakes.

Aria smiled at the woman, admiring how happy and peaceful she looked. She then turned to Javon tapping him on his shoulder. "Your mom looks really happy" Aria gently laugh, with a swift motion to his mom who still danced around the kitchen.

"No, only when she's in a good mood" He shrugged. "Probably 'cause you're here" He smiled at her. He knew Aria wouldn't believe she was the reason for his mothers happiness. But she truly was, she was the source of everyone's happiness, just sadly not her own.

As Aria got ready to speak, sudden footsteps boomed down the stair case. Javon and Jayla both looked in that direction, finding Jayla heading their way.

"Wassup, losers!" She beamed, in a lower voice. Her hair looked less matted and now was wearing a different outfit.

"Took you long enough" Javon scoffed, smacking his sister who passed by him.

"Couldn't come downstairs looking horrible" She shrugged nonchalantly, taking a seat beside Aria who had now pulled out her phone, scrolling through her lost messages from her mom.

Where are you?

Where are you?

??

Answer me

Aria I said where the fuck are you?
Read at 10:02am

Aria I said where the fuck are you?Read at 10:02am

Aria sighed, instantly closing her phone. She knew the only reason her mother was worried, was because she was drunk, or high. Or all of the above. It didn't matter which one, Aria just knew her mother didn't actually care.

Jayla had noticed Aria sudden demeanor, taking notice of the way the girl looked at her phone. "You good?" Jayla whispered, leaning closer to Aria so no one else heard.

Aria snapped out of her trance, quickly regaining focus. "Oh—oh yeah"

"You sure?"

"Just fine"

Aria had bid her goodbyes to the Walton family, luckily having no interactions with Jaden that morning.

The last place she wanted to be was home. She knew that her mother would most likely be home, and passed out on the couch with a bootle of booze hugging her side like it was her baby.

The only other place Aria knew that she could go to was their place. Aria already ruled out the possibility of him being there, so she resided on going their. Hoping for one moment just to herself.

She pulled her car into the empty car lot. One thing Aria loved about the secluded place was nobody was ever their. It was truly shame because it was the most prettiest place Georgia.

The entrance of the trail was barely visible, but just visible enough for Aria to see it. She held a triumphant smile as she walked over to the trail. It stayed the same. One thing that she could count on to never change.

She walked through the forest filled trail, making her way to the end of it, revealing the beautiful scene in front of her. 

There held a cliff, with a somehow perfectly cut patch of grass grown at the flat. Colorful flowers sprouted in some spots, vines in others. To Aria it was the best place she could be.

Sometimes when she didn't care, she'd let her legs dangle off the edges thinking about the endless possibilities if she were to just jump.