❦ 13

CHAPTER 13
" Asshole, huh? "

" Oh I would DO anything for you You just gotta LOVE me "

" Oh I would DO
anything for you
You just gotta LOVE me "

Nervous
The Neighborhood

Jadens hands were covering Arias eyes, slowly guiding her along a pathway Aria couldn't detect. She could hear nearby cars pass, which hardly helped her with where she was. The one thing that gave it away was the sound of wheels hitting the—what she guessed to be: concrete. A small smile creeping her way to her lips.

"Okay, careful there's a step." He guided her, one hand over her eyes, another holding onto her shoulder to guide her. 

Aria carefully stepped down, patiently waiting for their next steps. Instead she felt his grasp release, his hand uncovering his eyes, and falling down the his side.

"Open."

She opened her eyes, squinting with the brightness came into contact with her eyes. When finally adjusting, she realized she had guessed right. Her smile lighting up even more.

He remembered.

Aria looked all around, spotting all ages skating around up and down ramps. Her head turned over to Jaden, a grin already settled on his face. His heart melting with joy at just how excited the girl looked.

They locked eye contact, smiles still brightly displayed on their faces. Aria couldn't contain her excitement, running over to Jaden, throwing her arms around him, knocking him back slightly. But none the less he grabbed onto her lifting her up, before letting her back down and pulling away with his brows raised.

"I'm good with surprises, aren't I?" He asked cockily, a smug grin etched onto his face.

Aria stepped back, taking a moment to hit his shoulder. "You wish." She teased back, a playful scoff leaving her mouth.

"Then why are you so happy?" He teased back, slowly stepping closer to the girl.

Aria gulped at their proximity, suddenly taking interest in the dark patchy grey concrete. He noticed her sudden lack of eye contact, deciding to back away and lighten the mood. "Now, let's go have some fun." He smiled, pulling her.

Though she stopped him. "But I don't have my skate board."

He sent her a mischievous smirk, one she caught onto, causing it to spread to her lips to. "Guess we'll have to just get one."

She grabbed the hair tie off her wrist, tying it back into a pony tail. "I guess we will."

"So you have no regret stealing a kids skateboard?"

"Why would I?" Aria glanced at Jaden, already planting her feet onto the newly stolen skateboard.