❦ 14

CHAPTER 14
"I need a kind of big favor? "

" You're FALLING aboutYou took a left off last LAUGH laneJust sounding it out But you're not coming BACK again "

You took a left off
last LAUGH lane
Just sounding it out
But you're not coming BACK again "

Fluorescent Adolescent
Arctic Monkeys

When Aria finally arrived home, she was full of pure joy. Her mind felt cleared, almost forgetting about her mother now being in jail. She finally didn't let that thought plague her mind, focusing on everything that happened. The way Jaden was able to so simply make her feel content.

She sighed as she kicked off her shoes, leaving them disheveled by the door. She headed straight for her room, ready to take the uncomfortable jeans off, throwing on something she could relax in.

Once she did, her head hit the pillows, her body once again being engulfed by her white comforter and multiple fluffy blankets. Her began to close, heavy from the events that took place.

Arias face lit up with hope. "Well can I visit her."

"Sorry kid, you'll have to schedule a time for that."

Her eyes shot open again, the voice of the officer and her own ringing in her head. She cursed herself, feeling stupid for letting something so important slip her mind.

Aria quickly hopped right back out of bed, snatching her phone from off her small make shift desk.

Aria looked up Beaufort County Sheriffs Office, quickly copying the number off of google.

She nervously bit down on her cheeks and lips, as the phone line rang. She slightly jumped when a voice came on the other side of the phone, not expecting the sudden noise.

She had spent about ten minutes on the phone, trying to schedule a time and date. They had told her, she would be able to speak with June in under two days, having them giving her a call back when she was ready to go in.

But all her hope was completely demolished when they asked her age. Being truthful to the police; for once in her life, she told them her age, telling her she had to be accompanied by an adult or guardian.

Aria kept her anger hidden away, not letting it be heard in her voice. Instead she politely ended the conversation with the officer, a frustrated huff leaving her mouth.

She thought of many adults who could bring, but she didn't know if they'd be up to it. Going to a police station with a sixteen year old to see their dead beat mother was not something most wanted to do.