❦ 16

CHAPTER 16
" You got this "

" Scattered cross my FAMILY lineI'm so GOOD at telling liesThat came from my MOTHERS side "

I'm so GOOD at telling lies
That came from my MOTHERS side "

Family line
Conan Gray

Everyone has began to settle down, each one going to their respective rooms to sleep. Leaving Aria to follow Jayla into hers.

Expect while Jayla was fast asleep, Aria was wide awake. Sleep was the last thing that came to her. Everything else loomed her mind. The thought of seeing her mom, or having to go to court to see what would happen. It absolutely scared her.

As much as she despised June; she was all she had left. If June was gone, where would she go. The last thing she wanted was to go into the system.

June loved to threaten Aria when she was 'misbehaving'; to leave her on the side of the road, telling her she'd be forced to go into foster care. And then she'd go in about how terrible it would treat you, and how abusive the family's were.

And it scared Aria even more that she knew the story's were true. June was placed in foster care at a very young age, her parents wanting nothing to do with her. June had forced Aria into thinking that since June was treated terribly, Aria should face the same thing.

So truly Aria would never understand why Aria still cared for her. Maybe it was because it was her mother and the last family she had left. Or there was just something completely wrong with her and she couldn't be fixed.

The blue led lights Jayla kept on slowly gave Aria a headache, making not only her thoughts but also the headache keeping her wide awake.

The sudden urge to puke filled her senses, forcing her to shoot up from the bed and run out into the dark hall. She ran into the nearest bathroom, holding a hand over her mouth, praying she'd make it in time.

With her foot she shoved the door shut quick, rushing over the toilet and hovering her face over it.

Nasty substances left her mouth and onto the toilet, the sight making her puke even more. Her hands rested on the toilet seat, not taking a moment to think about how unsanitary it was.

When she was finally done, she stayed hovering for a moment longer incase there was more. After a couple minutes she felt good enough to move away, resting her back against the nearest wall.

Her knees almost instantly came up to her chest her arms holding them close, while her head rested against the wall, and her head continued to pound.

It felt so frustrating that she let her mother get to her this bad, when she knew it shouldn't.

"This shit is so stupid." She whispered to herself. Her hands placed firmly on the floor, lifting herself up, finding her way over to the sink.

Turning the sink on, she cupped water in her hand, bringing it to her mouth to swish it in her mouth and spit it out. She needed for that nasty taste of puke to stop lingering in her mouth.

As she continued to rinse out her mouth, a sudden knock spooked her water shooting out of her mouth and luckily into the sink.

The knock continued as she rushed to flush the toilet, leaving no sign that she was sick. "Uh, one second." She hurried back to the mirror, making sure it just look like she went to the bathroom really quickly. She took a deep breath, making it look like she was still tired by drooping her eyes and relaxing her face.

She turned the knob and opened the door. She was faced with Jaden on the other side. Of course Jaden was on the other side. She thought to herself.

"Aria?" He paused, rubbing her eyes. His hair was messy and it was clear her had just woken up. "You good? It sounded like someone was throwing up." He groggily asked, his voice hoarse.

"Yeah, I'm good." She quickly nodded.

He looked at her skeptically through the dark, but he was far to tired to make anything of it. "Okay, well, night."

"Yeah, night."

The Walton house reeked of anxiety. Everyone nervous for the outcome of Aria going to see her mother.

Aria took one last look at her casual attire in the mirror, patting her jeans. "You got this." She told herself, with a half-assed smile.

Jayla came beside her, smiling her through the mirror. She gave Aria a small pat, "yes, you do."

Aria released a shaky breath, heading for the door that lead out of Jaylas room. Jayla followed behind her, and into the living room where the rest of the family anxiously sat, waiting for their arrival.

Jessica's head turned into the direction of the two girls, placing a big smile across her face. "Ready?"

Aria confidently shook her head. "Ready."

As Jessica stood up, so did Javon. He walked straight towards her with his arms wide open, ready to hug her. She immediately expected, pulling into the bone crushing hug. She felt another pair of arms wrapping around her, looking up to find Jayla.

While still holding each other, her head slowly made its way up to find Jaden sitting alone on the couch watching as the three hugged. A small grin took over her features. She slacked one of her hands to be able to wave Jaden over.

His smile was deep, his dimples showing when he got up from his spot to join the hug, Aria being squished in the middle of all them.

They couldn't all help but let out chorus of laughs when a small pair of arms wrapped around some of the group, instantly knowing it was Daelo by the way he giggled.

The hug had distracted her so much that she forget completely about where she was headed until the hug was over and she saw the sad smile plastered on Jessicas face. Sighing to herself she gave one last hug to Jayla.

Jessica's head tilted to the door, letting her know she was ready to go when she was.

Aria nodded, pulling herself together. "Yeah, let's go."

The two headed out the door, and into Jessicas car. The fear sinking in even more. It wasn't the fear of her mother, it was the fear of being left alone. She knew she wasn't alone, but there was no guarantee they'd be there forever. And they most certainly couldn't stop her from going into the system, which was the whole reason she felt so sick to her stomach.

The cars flying by, and the motion of the car made her stomach queasy, every now and then settling down, before the feeling came back.

There was no way around it. Aria knew that. It only scared her because she knew she had no control in it.

Juli speaks_______𓂀

Ima be real I completely forgot abt this book