❦ 17

CHAPTER 17
" My mother... "

" No use LOOKING outIts WITHIN that brings thatLONELY feeling "

Its WITHIN that brings that
LONELY feeling "

Chamber of Reflection
Mac DeMarco

Tw: very emotional

The jail came into view, leaving Jessica to park in the open spot. Arias heart was racing out of her chest.

She shook her head in embarrassment. "I honestly don't know why I'm so worked up, worse has happened." She sighed.

Jessicas eyes widened, her heart hurting from the way Aria felt. Jessica couldn't even fathom how she was taking this. "Someone your age should not have to be used to this or forced to be used to this. June is a terrible mother, but I get it, that's still your mother. And as soon as you get out of there I'll be right there for you. You are so, so strong. I don't think even now I'd have the courage to do this." She took Arias hands on hers forcing aria to look up at Jessica.

She took a deep breath, knowing she had this. "She's just pulled so much shit like this I feel like it should be normal by now."

Jessica gave her hand a squeeze. "Yeah I know, but it's just so wrong that you feel like that."

"It's whatever. I'm gonna walk in there and probably yell at her like normal, then walk back out and get put into foster care. But hey! It's okay because at least I got to yell at her."

Jessica chuckled shaking her head. "You've gone through a lot of shit kid, but you got this." Her face turned serious. "I'm serious."

Aria took a deep breath, preparing herself once again now that her nerves are back. "Yeah, let's just get it over with."

The two got out of the car and readied their way to the doors. Multiple guards stood foot at the door, proceeding to let them in. The two walked over to the front desk, finding a female officer behind it with a emotionless expression.

A conversation between Jessica and the officer went on for a couple minutes before sending a guard back with them to get to June. Another officer soon came, holding Junes arm while her hands where cuffed behind her back.

Aria felt herself hold back her breath, feeling a lump on her throat. June and the officer slowly got closer, pulling June into a concrete room with a table and two chairs on either side. The other officer nodded for Aria to go into the room. She glanced one more time at Jessica l, her giving a reassuring nod, letting the officer close the door behind her.

Silence.

Silence was all there was.

Aria just stood there facing her mother with disgust. Her mothers expression was frightened, hoping Aria would fall for it and feel sympathy.

She stalked over to the metal chair, pulling it out so she could sit down. "Why? Why do you always have to do this to me?" She sourly spoke, her voice staying strong. "All I ever was, was a good daughter to you, yet you can't ever be a good mother."

June shook her head looking down, tears pooling in her eyes. "It wasn't my fault. Please make some money for bail, I promise I'll be better.

Aria menacingly laughed, her hands coming up to rub at her temples. "Nothing is ever you fault is it?" She rhetorically exclaimed. "And I'm left to deal with the consequences." Her voice slowly became less calm, her voice raising by the minute. "Have you ever thought of what I need. Or maybe what I want!" She shouted, finally having enough.

June sniffled. "Aria, baby, please."

"No." She laughed. "Don't 'baby' me." Her voice cracked, unable to keep her voice from wavering when her mother was breaking down in front of her.

"It's not fair that you get second chances but I don't. How is that fair to you?" She yelled, standing in her seat with her finger pointed towards her mothers faces. June jumped like it had scared her, but she really knew that was all apart of the act. To lure her into thinking she innocent and bailing her out.

"It's not. I know that, and I'm going to do better, I promise." She begged. Her eyes were red and her face was pale. Bruises scattered throughout her face and some of her exposed body.

"Stop! Stop acting like your the victim!"

June shrunk back again. "You're scaring me baby." Her voice wavered like she was scared, like she wasn't the manipulative person in the room.

"Of what? The truth? Because I'll scare you some more." She paused, taking a moment to pick up her words. "You fucking deserve this. Whatever you did, you deserve it. You have absolutely ruined my life! And you were all that I had left of family, and treated me like shit! You were supposed to be my mother!" She cried loudly, not being able to hold the tears. "My mother..." This time a sob same out, it getting harder for her to breath. She knew if she was in that room for any longer that she was going to suffocate.

Aria couldn't handle it no longer. She pushed the door open, the guards and Jessica all facing her. One guard went into the room to collect June, her weak body being dragged out of the room, her wet eyes not leaving Arias.

She turned around to see Jessica, face full of worry. "Hey..."

"Can you just take me home." She abruptly interrupted, accidentally coming off harsh.

"Yeah, yeah we can go." Jessica nodded. They signed out of the station, and got into the car. The feeling of the quiet, tense air was very harsh. She was glad when it was over, meaning they had pulled into Aria home.

She thanked Jessica, and stepping onto her front porch. She dangled the keys and unlocked the door. When inside the whole house was dark and left the same as it was when she left it.

She sighed, throwing the keys onto the counter and kicking her shoes off. Making her way down to her room, she sighed, realizing she was lonely. She may have had friends, Although they had no clue how to relate to her. Nobody could relate to her but herself.

And that's why it hurt so, so much more.

Juli speaks_________𓂀

GUESS WHOS BACKKKKKK 🥳🥳