❦ 9

CHAPTER 9
" Hey, Ria "

" Are we still  FRIENDS?Can WE be friends? Are we STILL friends? I've gotKnow "

" Are we still FRIENDS?
Can WE be friends?
Are we STILL friends? I've got
Know "

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS
Tyler, The Creator

"You know, your music taste is shit right?" Aria had her hair down, letting it flow through the wind that was coming through the open window. While her hand hung free out the window. 

Mildly offended, Jaden turned down his music, giving her a look of shock, as he made random turn. "Machine gun Kelly is not shit."

A scoff left the girls lips, meanwhile a smile tugging at her lips. "You have so many options, but you pick him?"

"Then who do you like?" Jaden asked, actually curious for her response.

She pondered at the thought deeply, thinking of multiple answers. "Here's my top three." She nodded, holding up three fingers, even though Jaden was paying attention to the road. "Falling in reverse, Kodak black, and Kali Uchis"

"They are all very different types of music." He pointed out, turning his attention to her for a second, before going right back to the road. 

It had been about 15 minutes since they left the school to skip. And surprisingly the two were getting along quite well. It was just like Aria had forgotten about everything and let it slide. But truthfully, she didn't let any of it go. She still very well was holding a grudge. Though she felt content being on good terms with the boy again. To her it seemed like he left behind all what made him a dick, making her all more hopeful he would actually choose her. Just this one time.

"So? I think it's good to have different genres. In my opinion, you're boring if you don't." She shrugged, giving him a sheepish grin.

"So you're saying I'm boring?" He accused, proving his offense.

"Yeah." She said, nodding bluntly, trying her hardest to stifle her laugh as she watched his face contort into hurt.

"Ouch." He rubbed his chest, fainting his hurt in her words. "That was harsh."

Aria retreated her arm back into the car, giving him a side eye. "Well, it's the truth." 

"Fine, play your music then." He huffed in a childish manner, going back to focus on driving.

Aria smiled, grabbing the aux cord and connecting it to her phone. She scrolled through her playlist landing on "Harder to breathe" by Maroon 5.

"Oh shit!" Jaden jumped in his seat. "I love this song"

Aria laughed at his excitement, making sure to scream the lyrics along with him. The fun sadly didn't last forever, when they were interrupted by a incoming. She sighed, pausing their song, and continuing to look who was calling her.

To her surprise it was June. The same 'mother' who released her anger onto her daughter once again. Arias face went pale, to scared to hear what her mother had for her, so instead of answering, out of fear she hung up. Knowing Aria was most likely going to have a punishment when she got home, unless June was to drunk to remember.

"Who was it?" Jaden spoke up, seeing the color drained from Aria's face. In worry, the boy was about to ask if she was okay, but she stopped him, answering his first question.

"Oh, just an old friend" She lied, bouncing her leg up and down, keeping her gaze far away from Jaden. And while Jaden almost believed her lie, he didn't. He took notice of the way her leg bounced nervously, and how she failed to keep eye contact. Especially the way the color drained from her face upon seeing whoever actually called her.

Instead of upsetting her further he decided to let it go, hoping whoever it was didn't ruin her content and joyful mood. They Jaden would never admit aloud, but he loved it.

Aria sighed, pressing play on her music. Jaden added the additional finger taps to the beat, but it was nothing as before. Aria couldn't bring herself to focus, only staring out the open window, mesmerized by the moving cars and buildings.

Aria and Jaden made it back in time for 6th period. Aria surely didn't feel like skipping her class she was doing the best in. Which made sense because it was art honors. Something she got along with very well, and never found much trouble in that class.

After art class was over, Aria was quick to try and exit the school. That didn't last long when she was stoped by one of the siblings.

"Aria!" She heard a female voice yell. She turned on her heel, being faced with Jayla. "Come on, the boys are waiting in the car."

Aria shook her head. "Oh, I was just gonna walk home." Truthfully Aria didn't want to walk home, but she guessed they didn't plan on driving her home, which she should've known was not true

"We're not letting you walk home." Jayla refused, wrapping her arm around Arias shoulder.

"Fine, fine." Aria faked being annoyed, dragging her feet along with Jayla, who seemed over cheerful.

When they got to the car, Jayla almost immediately went to the front seat, along with Javon who sat in the passenger seat.

So she hopped into the back seat, knowing who she'd be forced to sit by. She didn't mind no more sitting or interacting with him, but she still felt like any moment something would change and he'd be back to how he was before.

She opened the door, throwing her back pack in, along with herself. "Hey, Ria." Jaden smiled to her, not realizing what nickname he had used, until he saw the look of shock disguised by a smile on Aria's face. Even Javon and Jayla gave each other a look of surprise, seeing how he used that nickname so casually after so long.

Aria tried hiding her pure surprise with a smile, like she hadn't even picked up on the nickname. "Hey, Jay."

Jaden gulped down his nervousness, and along with Aria he put on a smile, pretending to find his phone suddenly extremely interesting.

For the most time Javon and Jayla argued about which song they should play, it which song was the best. While Aria and Jaden stayed quiet, not knowing what to say to start a non forced conversation. So it seemed they both decided being quiet was their best option.

Juli speaks_____𓂀

I hate this chapter.

I really had no clue what to do w this chapter. So ig enjoy?