❦ 10

CHAPTER 10
" It was pretty bad. They had to be hospitalized"

" If I don't have YOU with me, I'm aloneYou know I never know which way to GOI think I NEED you with me for all timeWhen I need new DIRECTION for my mind "

You know I never know which way to GO
I think I NEED you with me for all time
When I need new DIRECTION for my mind "

Compass
The Neighboorhood

When Aria was dropped off back home she dreaded walking back in. Sadly she saw her mothers junk car parked up front, knowing who would be waiting for her on the other side. Either June wouldn't bother talking to Aria, or she was going to create a problem. She just really hoped she didn't create a problem.

Aria was far to tired to deal with June and her obsession over the bitter taste of drugs and alcohol.

She was careful when opening the door, grimacing when it loudly squeaked the more she opened the door. Aria waited for her mothers footsteps to come booming her way, yet they didn't. She sighed in relief, closing the door behind her as her body relaxed. With her backpack still on she walked to the living room quietly to see if her mother was passed out, though she didn't find her there.

Curiously, Aria walked down the hall, looking in every room for June, yet none of which she was in. A last final thought popped into her head, concluding she was somewhere else. Somewhere Aria didn't care about, if anything she was happy her mother was out of the house, feeling like she actually could breathe.

She threw her back pack in the corner, feeling relieved knowing she didn't have to be afraid of her mother every second of today.

She kicked her shoes off, plopping into her bed, fully planning on taking a nap, and hopefully staying asleep. She curled into a ball, letting her comforter engulf her in a hug of warmth.

She was content in her spot, and almost asleep, until the annoying buzz on her phone dinged. At first she ignored it, to tired to reach over. But it only continued. She groaned in annoyance, begrudgingly grabbing her phone and looking at the source of noise.

About five texts popped up and one missed call. She noticed how they were all text from the three siblings. With a new found worry building in her chest, she sighed opening the text. Most of them read 'Ari answer' and so on.

Her phone began buzzing, revealing Javon calling her. The worry in her stomach grew more, so in a instant she answered. "Hello?"

"Finally, you answered." Aria took noticed of how Javons voice sounded rushed and panicked.

"Why do y'all keep spamming my phone?" Aria asked pointedly.

"Have you not seen the news?" He questioned, making Aria grow anxious.

"No, what the hell is it. Your worrying me."

"Uh-" Javon had begun, but cut off with a shuffling noise, and another voice sternly talking.