9.

3rd person pov

Both the boys sat up and left the bathroom. Vance got changed and Billy waited patiently for him in the kitchen. Vance came out in a hoodie and sweat pants. "Feel better?" Billy asked wanting a good response from Vance. "I guess." He bluntly said back. "What do you want to do?" Billy asked trying to make him feel better. Vance shrugged, not really up for anything. "Come here I want to show you something." Billy said signalling for Vance to follow, he did. They walked downstairs to the basement, but it wasn't your regular basement, there were stolen road signs on the walls hammocks on the sealing chairs a tv and fairy lights all around the room.

It took Vance a second to take it all in, admiring the room. And in the corner of the room there was a drum set and an electric guitar. Vance ran over to the corner as fast as he could. "Holy shit, these yours?" Vance asked turning around to look at Billy. "My dads drums, my guitar." He said with a victory smirk. "Obviously you know how to play." "Yea, do you want to hear a song? What song would you like?" Billy sat down, with the guitar in hand. "Black dog by Led Zeppelin." He said raising his eyebrows. Trying too challenge Billy. "Jeez ok, you like Led Zeppelin?" "He's fucking amazing."

He put in the cassette tape and started to play to the music. In perfect sync, every cord was perfect. Playing note after note, in the zone. Praying he wouldn't mess up.

Then Billy started to hear drums, he looked up and saw that Vance had started playing with him. He was surprised at first but kept playing anyway. A lovely rhythm began to play, transferring into their fingers, into the music instrument. Coming together as a masterpiece, they both saw the raw emotions on each other's face, as his fingers move along to the music and his hands banged to the beat. Making a lovely tune, tuning out the world. Everything about this moment was perfect.

"Wow." Billy said letting his hands rest on his side. "Your pretty good." Vance said back as he crossed his arms.

"I didn't know you could play drums, you have a set?"

"Yea it was my dads, I play sometimes when I'm home alone."

"Why when your home alone, your family probably loves it when you play."

"No, my mom would fucking kill me if she hears me play. She says it's a waste of effort.."

"That's bullshit! Your amazing, and it's a shame she doesn't want to hear you play." Billy said making them both turn a little tiny of pink.

"Sometimes.. I play for my dad even though he isn't there to hear it. He taught me how to play and if he heard me now he'd be.. so happy." Vance said pinching the bridge of his nose, trying to fight back small tears. "I'm so sorry Vance." Billy said moving his chair over to Vance. "Like he's not dead, if that's what you meant." Billy eyes widened, he covered his face in embarrassment which made Vance chuckle.

They both got up still talking about each other, and how amazing the other played. Going on and on about the other. Even as they sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. They were just starring at each other, talking. Billy liked this. He liked that he had someone to talk to. Someone who didn't make fun of him to his face, well used to. But Billy like this Vance Hopper. The Vance who didn't hide from everyone, who didn't fight everyone five seconds. The Vance who laughed, the Vance who stole his food, the Vance who caught him when he jumped of the fence. The Vance who looked him in the eye when they were talking. He loved these moments.

Vance's pov

I think that just a simple conversation with you can light up my day. The way your stupid smile makes my life feel a little less shitty. The one Saturday morning when your dog ran away, which led you right to me. I hated that moment, I hated when you found me. I didn't want to be friends with you. But I also hated when I saw you panicking on the ground, crying, shaking. And from that moment on I've always looked for you in a room full of people. Even if I didn't look before, I am now.

"Willy." I said cutting him off from what he was saying. Probably talking about me. "What's up?" I rethought what I wanted to say, but I want him to know. I really want to tell him.

"I want to tell you what happened." He looked confused. "When what happened?"

"Why I'm afraid of dogs.. and water."

"Vance you don't have to tell me because that whole thing happened upstairs." He referred to me crying my eyes out like a baby.

"I want to tell you." "Fine, I'll listen."

~~~

"So um I don't remember what day it was or why we were at the beach. But I was like 6 or 7 I think. And some older kid was building a sand castle and I ran all of it, like the stupid little shit I was and he got mad. Like really fucking mad, even though he was 10. So.." I paused just thinking about that moment. The aftermath, the reminiscence, I thorn stuck in my side. The flashbacks, the barking, the people, the blood. It was all coming back to me in that moment I decided to finally tell somebody. "So.. we started fighting. And his dog saw I was hitting him so it got all protective and started running after me. I ran in the w-water to try and get away but it just got worse and worse and.." I looked up at the sealing taking deep breaths.

"You can stop if you want?" Billy said beside me. "No I'm telling you the whole thing." He didn't say anything he just let me do it. "When I ran in the water.. it jumped on my back and pushed me under the water. It scratched, bit me. It did everything to protect the other kid... I kept trying to get up but I couldn't move. I couldn't breath.." I choked on my own breath, I few tears escaped my eyes and fell down my cheeks.

This stupid fear made me cold and distant from everyone. It caused me to think that everyone was mad at me, all the time. But Billy didn't think that way. For some reason he was different. Why was he different?

"I'm glad you told someone about this, do you feel better now?" He said smiling " Yea.. I'm glad it was you." He turned a slight tint of pink. He jumped over and hugged me and we both fell back on the couch. Him laying on top of me, I wrap my arms around and hug him back. I'm not sure if he was meant to be here but he fit perfectly in my arms. "This is pretty gay." I said laughing under him, "this isn't gay I'm just hugging my friend!" He looks up and laughed with me. "There's a party Friday night, you should come." I asked as we both sit up. "I don't know, party's aren't really my thing." "They are fucking lit! It'll be fun if you come." "Fine. I'll go. But I'll have to sneak out because my mom will not let me go, and I can't get caught." "Sounds good, sneaking out isn't so bad. I do it all the time!" I said and he punched my shoulder, we both giggle.
________________________________

Word Count: 1299

Heyyy sorry I haven't posted yet😭 But I'm starting school soon and sports but I'll try to post as much as I can for yas
🤠😘

Bby