21.

3rd person pov

"Welcome to camp everyone!" a young teacher spoke from the front of the bus and then everyone started to pile out one by one.

Once everyone was out of the bus, around 150 kids started to follow a camp councillor to the 'mess hall' where you eat and have meetings.

Once all 150 something kids had gotten a seat the councillor started to say names and cabin numbers. Boys and girls separate of course. But that's not going to stop the seniors.

Billy waited almost 10 minutes for his name and number to be called, while Vance had already gotten his number so that meant they weren't staying in the same cabin. There were only about five or six people left when his name was finally called "Ok so whoever is left your all in the same cabin, the last one. And you're all lucky because there is usually 12 to a cabin but since we have an odd number you guys are only six to a cabin!"

Billy was thankful for that. 12 boys in a small-ish cabin. We would probably die from all the horrific story's and the weird noises. The last few boys took there stuff and left quickly to try and get a good bunk in the cabin but Billy didn't really care he just doesn't want any trouble so of course the other boys can pick first.

Vance's pov

Once I realized there's gonna be more then ten people in the small ass cottage I'm sleeping in, I was done. Right there. I was in cabin G, the middle of the pack, which meant the cabin was definitely going to be full. Once I walked towards the door I could already hear all the noises and shouting, I mean I definitely shout. A lot. But I'm not in the fucking mood to shout right now.

Once I opened the door it went silent, I could feel the whole atmosphere change with my presence alone. Fucking good that they know. "Heyyy are you.. Vance Hopper?" Everyone turned to me when some guy spoke up behind me. "Ya why?" He smiled and got up from his bed, some of his buddy's standing behind him. "My names Austin Walker, I live on the of the Kansas border and I've heard some pretty massive things about you. You must be pretty popular for your story to get all the way out there?" What's does this guy want a fucking meddle?

I didn't respond. I didn't even turn to look at them I just ignored them. I don't want to start something. "What, not going to talk? Huh, I knew all those things were fake."

I turned around and ripped at him as hard as I could. Knocking him down taking his friends with his. "What the hell, you wanna start something!" I stepped my heavy steal toe boots onto his arm and he yells. "You can start shit if you want, but now you know all those amazing story's are true." I said grinning and the small ants under my feet.

Billy's pov

I walked into the cabin and it was really awkward. I had no one from my class in my cabin, they were all guys from another school. And even worse they were older then me. And it seems like they knew each other. I was the odd one out.

"Hey um what bunk do you want?" One guy turned towards me rubbing his neck awkwardly "I don't care. You guys can pick first." "Oh really? thanks!" The other five guys got the bunds close to each other close to the door. So I decided to leave them be and take my own space in the back left corner.

~

Before I knew it it was like 6:00. The day went by so fast and I didn't even do anything. We got a schedule of times and building for the week so we know when we'd be doing activities and stuff. Some of it looks cool like basketball, oh they have an indoor gym by the way. Which is super cool! Anyway back to business.

I was on my way to mess hall for super, when I walked in the place was completely packed with kids. Every table was taken even though there were a million open tables just a few hours ago.

I had caught myself starring around the room for a familiar face, but I never found it. Instead a saw someone else. Finney. "Hey Finney." I said walking up to him walking through the loud crowd of people. "Oh hey Billy" he smiled at me. With a boy with long hair standing right behind him. "I haven't seen you in forever, you should come sit with us!" He said excitedly waiting for my answer. Of course I said yes.

"How are you getting along with your cabin? Everyone nice?" Finneys friend spoke, I think his name was Robin. I remember him because wherever he was Finney wasn't far behind. And vice versa. "Good I guess. I don't know anyone and there's only six of us so it's kinda awkward but.. whatever." I said taking a bite of this reddish green pasta.

"Oh look who just walked in." Robin said annoyed. Who was it? I turn around to see big curly long hair walk through the door, with a few girls fallowing behind him. Vance. It's the first time I saw Vance since the bus, and he looked like he wanted to kill someone.

He walked through the door quick and came right to the table me Finney and Robin were seating at. Again with the girls not far behind. "Hey Vance what's up-" he sat down quickly next to me and whispered in my ear "Help me. Please.. all these fucking females keep fallowing and won't leave me alone." He was tapping his finger on the table very fast. I don't know if it was annoyance but he needed a brake. "First don't call girls females.. please. Let's go for a walk then ok?" "Ok ok just please let's get out of here!" Vance got up quickly waiting for me to fallow. "I'll find you guys later" I waved to Finney and Robin. Then I whispered "Keep these girls busy will ya?" They both nodded knowing the assignment. And Vance quickly grabbed my hand and we sped walked out the door.

~

We kept walking into the woods for about 10 minutes. Vance never said where we were going. I just followed him. He kept fallowing signs in the woods that wood take us deep into the brush. "Vance do you even know where your going?" I asked looking at us still holding hands after such a long time. "No but.. I guess we can stop running now." He slowed down letting go of my hand.

I stop and look around myself and see we are surrounded by hug trees. That have probably been here a very long time. They're basically covering us completely, leaving a few holes of sun to come through and shine on us. It was super cool. I look over to Vance to see him closing his eyes talking in a big breath of fresh air. "You like being outside huh?" I said breaking him from his train of thought "Yea. Out here alone. Away from everyone, this is going to sound really stupid but I belong outside." He looked away embarrassed. That's so cute.

"I thought you liked all the attention?" I teased making him go a bit red. "Shut the fuck up." He said pouting which made me laugh. "I do.. sometimes. When they're not all over me and touching me. Fucking gross." He sped up so I couldn't see his face. But that made me think.. he lets me get close to him all the time. Does he secretly hate it? Oh no. "But.. I've hugged you and touched (not in a sus way) you before. Do you hate it, I don't want to make you feel weird just tell m-" he turned around his face looked angry "Hey stop! If I didn't like it I would fucking tell you. Your not obnoxious like everyone else."

Your not obnoxious like everyone else. That made me blush. Hard. I had to cover my face so he wouldn't see how red I am. "So.. you do like it when I touch you?" I said completely innocent, in a daze. Vance stopped in his tracks and did a complete 180 and started walking the other way, back to camp. As he walked past I saw the most amazing look on his face, his eyes were wide open and his face flushed crimson red. He stomped his feet sheepishly. "Hey where are you going!" I yelled catching up to him. His hands still in his pockets never lifting his head. "B-back to camp. Get away from me!"

He sounded so mad it made me laugh. I know he didn't mean it in a mean way, he's just embarrassed. Maybe.. I'll try something. "Vance wait!" I grabbed his shoulder making him stop but he still never looked at me. "What!?" He answered immediately, his face still flushed. "Umm.. do you.. w-want to hold hands.. you don't have to-" "No! no. I-I want to.." He grabbed my hand then we started to walk back to camp.
_______________________________

Word Count: 1571

You all probably hate me right now "why haven't you updated it's been forever" I know. 😭

Im sorry 🙏

Pls enjoy🥳