22.

Finneys pov

"Keep these girls busy will ya?" Billy whispered before Vance dragged him away. Thank god he has Billy, I don't think anyone else could deal with him.

"Hey girls you should seat with us!" Robin asked the girls with a charming smile, of course they all sat down. There were about 5 girls that were with Vance that are now with me and Robin. We were definitely younger then them but they didn't know that.

"Sooo you guys from Denver? I heard it's so much fun over there. We go on weekends sometimes!" One of the brunette girls spoke. She was the one sitting in the middle of all the girls.

"Oh god no. Well.. it is sometimes when you know the right people." Robin spoke up again. I was just caught there listening, I didn't really feel like putting in. I'm fine eating my pasta.

"What does that mean?" Another girl spoke up. "Well it's fun when you have your best friends to hang out with. Like this guy right here!" Robin wrapped my arm around my neck. "This is my very best friend Finney Blake, he can be a nerd sometimes but he's alright." All I could do was smile. A just looked down shaking my head how can this kid be so likeable.

"Aw that's so sweet. Hey! Why dont you both come play basketball in the gym. Everyone is going, there's going to be a big game." Robin glanced at me with wide eyes and a big smile, he really wanted to go so I nodded my head and he silently cheered for a second then stood up. "Ok then show us the gym!" The rest of the girls cheered in excitement I was just glad we made friends. Well Robin did, I was tagging along in the back. I don't mind.

~

On our way to the gymnasium four of the girls were always by Robins side, asking him questions about school bla bla bla. But there was one who stayed in the back beside me. She was a small petite girl with the most amazing blonde hair tucked away in a black hood. And she had bright blue eyes almost grey, they lit up even in the dark evening light. "Your a bit different from your friends." I said quietly so the other girls couldn't hear me but even talking in a small whisper my voice still made her jump.

"Oh ya. They get carried away sometimes." Her voice was soothing, her voice never cracked or rasped she spoke all in one breath. Her voice was different she had an accent, where is she from? "Woah I like your accent, where are you from?" She laughed

"I knew you were going to say that. I am from Germany."

"My Mutter wanted to start fresh, in a new country. I am really enjoying America!"

"That's great! What's your name?"

"It is Wilhelmina Durchdenwald. But my friends say it is to long so they just call me Mina."

"That name is really cool!"

"Danke."

"We're here!"

It wasent a very long walk but I hadn't even realized we were here. and the building is huge! How did I not see it when we got here it's ginormous! I soon as we opened the door there was a whole crowd in the gym. Both girls and boys playing. People were cheering on the bleachers, they are really into this. "Robin go play, our team needs another player!" The brunette spoke pushing Robin towards the opposite team bench. "Finn do you wanna play?" Robin turned around and asked me before leaving, I shook my head no "No thanks not for me. You go have fun though!" With that he left.

"Come sit with us Finney!" "Ok!" I went and sat with the group of girls. It felt so weird sitting with just girls, no guys. The things they talk about are out of this world! All they were doing is picking there Favorite Guy on the court. I was trying the block my ears sometimes but I couldn't d take it. "Hey do you wanna go for a walk it's really loud in here." I asked Mina who was sitting beside me. She nodded yes and we started to stand up "Ooooo Mina where are you going with Finney." The other girls teased Mina but she didn't care but it made me flush embarrassed. "Shut up" she said in return smiling, she's knows they were joking.

We walked in the hallway for a few minutes looking at old pictures from campers of previous years. "I came here last year in the summer camp with my bruder-" before she could finish there was a big scream coming from the end of the dark hallway making us both jump. "Who is it!" I spoke up but all we could hear was laughing. It sounded like the joker, someone is playing a prank it has to be!

All of a sudden Mina yelled out beside me "Max, ich weiß, du bist es!" What the hell is she saying, that must've been German. Then in the dark a person comes running at us full speed. I scream and protect myself with my arms while Mina just stands there unbothered she didn't even flinch. "I hate you" Mina says to the person but all they do is laugh "Hahah! I love you to. Who is this lovely ducky?" The boy spoke, lovely ducky? Only Robin calls me that. "Don't say that, it is embarrassing. You are embarrassing yourself." Mina hit the boy and he took a big step back. Reacting from the hit he just received
"ui das tut weh!" (Ow that hurt) He retorted sniffing
"dann sei kein Idiot." (Then don't be an idiot)

I'm just standing there looking like a thumb trying to understand what they are saying. But I can't I just let them talk it out. "Sorry Finney.. umm this is my bruder.. Max." I look at her brother and he is waving uncontrollably fast and has the biggest smile on his face. Pfft who the hell is this guy? "Stop being weird." She hit his hand down making me slightly chuckle. Now that I look closely they do really look alike, both have blond hair, well the biggest difference is that she has hair for days and he has absolutely none. He has a buzz cut.

"Maximilian Durchdenwald, the OLDER bruder." He exaggerated on the older. Well I didn't know he was the older sibling until right now. He definitely doesn't act like it. "Mina! Mina where are you!" There we're girl voices at the end of the hall calling for Mina probably her friends "I have to go now, you can stay if you want Finney." "Oh he is. Finney is my new best friend!" Mina rolled her eyes "Folter ihn um Gottes willen bitte nicht!" Mina said something as she walked away, I have no idea what she said though. "Ja ja. Ok come with me I want to show you something."

"Um ok?" I said scared. this guy has a very big personality and I'm not sure if I want to be acquainted with someone like this, no offence he sounds funny but people like this have zero fear. And I don't want to die on this school trip. "Come see!" He motions with his hand to come see but he's walking down a really dark hallway and we already went down a flight of stairs. I think we are in the basement.

He stops in front of a door. And looks threw the window. He tells me to come closer and I do. I look threw the window and it's a pool a massive pool! Like huge! It has to be an competitive size pool cuz it's super big.

"How did you find this?"

"I camped here before I swam in the pool."

"That's cool." It was cool but I didn't know what else to say it was kinda awkward.

"I have an idea, tomorrow night do you want to go swimming with me?"

I blush a bit at the question. Is this guy crazy? "But we'll be braking in. We'll be breaking the rules."

He giggles "we aren't braking rules if we aren't caught."

"I-I don't know.."

He leans down so he's at my level and wraps his hands around mine. W-what is he doing?! "Please I think it will be super cool. And I won't tell anyone, I swear! It will be just us two." His face is only inches away from mine and I'm stuck looking into his bright blue eyes. Just like his sister his voice is soothing and not too annoying like his personality. He has the most perfect white smile.

Do it. Your dad would never let you go to the pool!  

Do you know what I will. I need to have some fun with new people. New friends. Away from Robin for a bit.

"What time are we meeting up?"
_______________________________

Word Count: 1507

Sorry I didn't post I was super busy with sports and Christmas. 😭

And I have a sports tournament coming up like Jan.3 so I won't post for about a week. I'll try to post after that.

I might do a small Christmas special from today to the 1st. But idk yet 🤷‍♀️

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year 🥳

(Will probably me mistakes)