26.

Finneys pov

Everyone eventually found out what happened that night and was completely shocked. The camp councillors had told us that the camp was being shut down because of the incident. And everyone had to go home the next morning. Word got around and everyone found out it was Vance that did it. I mean he did, but that wasn't the whole thing he didn't start it, he just ended it.

Everyone wanted to know who the victim was in all of this, but the camp didn't want to reveal any details. But I knew. Robin knew. Vance knew. And that little bastart Max who planned all of this knew.

When we got on the school bus to drive back to the school. Billy was sitting alone. I don't know where Vance was but I had a feeling that someone else took him back to Denver. I tried to ask Billy if he had talked to Vance because I know for a fact they saw each other before we left the camp. But he said he didn't want to talk about it. He looked horrible. Upset. I didn't want to ask questions because I know he would try and hold it in, but I don't know how much more he can hide before he explodes.

~

I was so glad when I got home. "Finney your back early!" Gwen ran up and gave me a big hug.

When everyone got back there was no school the next day. They decided to give everyone a break from what had happened with the incident from one of the students (Vance) and decide what was the next course of action.

"Why are you back early?" Gwen said confused. I didn't want to tell her but I knew she would find out eventually. "Ok um you might went to sit down for this.."

~

I told Gwen everything that happened . With Max and Vance how it happened and she was in complete shock. "Oh my gosh Finney are you aalright? I'll kill that guy if he ever shows his face!" She said sparing with the air. "Everything is fine now, Vance fixed everything" I laughed. Vance really did save my butt. And he took the blame.. well it's complicated. "I don't get it though?" Gwen said sitting back down "Why would Vance not say those people were bullying you and that he was only trying to help? Now it's only him in trouble." Gwen said angrily. I mean if I were Vance I definitely would've said I was defending someone and not just punching people for fun in a pool for no reason. Well that's probably not how he would say it.

"I know Gwen. Vance is.. complicated. He does what he wants. It always works out for him but I'm not sure about this time." I said truthfully lowering my head. "So what about Robin??" Gwen said teasingly making me blush "Shut up you are addicted to him more then me!" "Oh stop the bullshit I see right through you Finney Blake!" We both laugh. I love my sister.

Then we heard the door open. I completely forgot about my dad. What would he say if he saw me back here early? Me and Gwen looked at each other but we couldn't move before dad had already walked in the room "Oh Finney your back early." He said dropping his work things on the ground and heading straight for the fridge to pop a beer. "Yea.. something happened in the kitchen and they couldn't cook anymore food.. so they had to send us home." Lie. I complete lie. I just lied to my dad straight to his face.

"That's a shame." He took a sip. "Hope you made some friends." He simply said and walked away. I was a bit surprised. He didn't say anything negative. I slowly turned to Gwen for information and she just smiled. "I had a conversation with him and he's doing much better with.. you know." I raised my eyebrows "Really?" "Yea! That's his first today." My mouth fell open. She told me something that I thought would never happen. This might not be a bad day after all

~

Me and Gwen decided to go on a walk to the neighborhood parc. It's pretty small and like for infant children but whatever. We can still swing.