28.

Sorry I haven't updated in a million years

😢😢😢😢

And sorry if this next scene sounds weird. I have no idea how a courtroom works😭

~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd person pov

It's cold.

And quiet.

He's cold. He's being too quiet.

In a small court room in Colorado, the judge started to get..uncomfortable. This wasn't the first time she had seen a minor in her courtroom. But this is the youngest boy she's ever convicted.

The judge and jury spoke aloud, just like they would in any courtroom. The lawyers of defendant and the plaintiff made their statements. On multiple occasions the judge asked the young boy if he would like to speak. He never spoke out loud in the court, in fear he would say something unpredictable and disrespect the judge.

The boy simply whispered to his lawyer no. This frustrated the boys lawyer. He wished the boy would want to speak and try to defend himself in hope the judge would take pity on him and give him a small sentence. But his answers were always short... just no.

"Young man, why do you not want to talk to me? Are you afraid?" The judge spoke softly. In hopes she would get a response

"Vance.. please say something. Your making us look bad." The defendants lawyer whispered in the boys ear. Finally he sighed.

"I am not afraid to talk your honour" Vance said bluntly, lifting his head to make eye contact with the judge.

"May I ask why both your mother and father aren't here today?" Vance's hair was messy. His eyes were dark and not the bright blue like they usually shined. As he sat in the chair wearing a orange jumpsuit, he reminded himself again Stay calm. Don't be a dick. "My father left when I was younger and.. I don't actually know where my mother is right now."

The judge sighed. "That is a shame. It is mandatory that she be here today"

"I am sorry your honour. She knew it was mandatory" Vance's lawyer apologized for Vance's mothers behaviour.

Vance heard a few snickers from the people sitting behind him in the gallery. He heard whispers from the boys he had fought. The boys who cried to their parents whenever they were lying helplessly on the ground. Bleeding.

"May I make a comment your honour?" Vance asked politely. "Of course" the judge agreed, wanting to hear what the boy wanted to say. She she didn't know what was about to happen next.

Vance stood up slowly. Not to fast in case he freaked out the guards. And slowly turned around, looking to the small crowd behind him in the gallery. Brought his shackled hands to his face to take off his aviator sun glasses. And stared at all the boys who were present. "Why you laugin, something funny?"

The boys froze in place looking at their parents. "Do not speak to my son, you.. monster" one of the boys mother spoke up, defending her son. Furious that Vance would to this to her son.

"Turn around Hopper!" The guard grabbed Vance and shoved him back down in his seat.

"Vance, do not interact with the gallery!" The judge shouted from her chair at the front of the courtroom.

At this point Vance didn't even care what he did or said. He was so over everything. And so fucking tired.

"Alright! Let's get this over with. Vance Ethan Hopper, case number 8613, I here by sentence you to 4 months with 1 month of parole to the juvenile institution of east Colorado for 3 counts of assault causing bodily harm and 1 count of simple assault." The judge spoke loud and firm. Hitting her gravel on the desk. And she stared right into Vance's eyes while she did it. Never looking away.