Chapter 1: The Sorting Ceremony

⋆ 🎀 𝐸𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 🎀 ⋆

( please read the context in the description box to understand why Snow comes when she comes, it will also provide important background info) 

(ALSO, many events WILL NOT be in order to fit the story AND some of the events will be twisted in a way. For example, some dialogue from the third task may be changed just to make it easier for me)  

"Uhm..." I stare at the dorms of the Gryffindor common rooms I'm likely to be staying in for the next three years of my education. In all my visits, it never occurred to me how depressing and congested the rooms are. 

"So, do you like it?" Hermione chirps in her British accent. 

To be honest, I don't like it much. It was cramped and boring, but it did have a sense of home to it. "It's fine? I don't know, I just never realized how bland they were." 

"Didn't think to say that last time?" Hermione questions, a scrunch forming in between her eyebrows. 

"Well I was too busy every time I visited helping you guys pick up your shit and helping you with Voldemort, you know?"

Hermione scoffs at my snarky remark before bringing momentum back to the conversation. "Well we can't even be sure that you'll be in Gryffindor, but always good to be hopeful." 

I nod in response, but I keep thinking in the back of my mind: 

The concept of houses always seemed weird to me. Won't it just divide us and make us hate each other? British people are weird.  

An hour later... 

All the first years are crammed together behind the Great Hall doors. The curious 1st years keep on continuously blabbering about what house they were hoping to be in and all the amazing spells and potions they would learn. I can't help but roll my eyes at how all of them were acting as if they were 20 year old adults with their fake 'adult' accents.  The constant yapping is driving me insane until my angel, McGonogall, finally takes us inside for the sorting ceremony. 

"Welcome students!" Dumbledore begins, as everyone begins setting in. This causes everyone's chatting to cease. He starts going on and on on about rules that nobody cares about whatsoever. After what seems like hours of his warnings and rules, he finally, finally, finally, started the important stuff. The sorting ceremony commences, and the majority got sorted in Gryffindor, surprise surprise. If you ask me, they're overrated. All the houses are equally as important as each other, and exemplify what it means to be a wizard or witch at Hogwarts. Even the Slytherins, who are notoriously known for their "terrible qualities," are an essential part to the identity of Hogwarts.  

Speaking of Slytherins, I see Draco Malfoy and his gang staring at me with hatred in their eyes. I stare back at them with the best side eye I could muster. Pansy scoffs and gave me a death stare back in return.