Chapter 44: Voldemort

"It's a portkey," Cedric said with fascination. He smiled in amusement as he looked at it. I looked around us. 

"Is this part of the task?" Harry questioned. He too was looking around. 

"It shouldn't be." I stand up and begin observing the graves around us. Some of the names appear to be of relatives at our school, but one particular name catches my eye. 

"Tom Riddle," I read aloud. Cedric and Harry's face snap to mine. "This grave, it's Tom Riddle's." 

"That's not creepy at all."  Cedric stood up and came next to me to observe the grave. "Guess you and your boyfriend hadn't had the uncomfortable parent talk ay?" 

"There's nothing to talk about." I keep staring at the graves around us when all of a sudden I feel a stinging on my scar. "AGH!" I scream out. I look over and see Harry clutching his head as well. 

"What's wrong? You alright?" The pain was becoming unbearable. I was almost collapsing to the floor. Cedric put his arm around me and assisted to next to Harry. 

"O..our scars. They're hurting," Harry manages to croak out.

"That means danger is nearby." Cedric realizes and his eyes widen. The wind suddenly stops as we hear noises behind us. I notice Cedric's eyes widen with worry. He stands up and holds his wand out. 

"WHO ARE YOU, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" 

The next thing me and Harry hear still haunts me to this day. "Kill the spare." The voice sounds so powerful yet so childlike. 

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" 

"NO, CEDRIC!" Harry yells out. I look at Cedric's dead body in horror. 

Before we even get a second to process what just happened, me and Harry are pushed to a statue, ropes binding us

Before we even get a second to process what just happened, me and Harry are pushed to a statue, ropes binding us. Our wands have been discarded to the side. I look own as I my breathing picks up and see Peter Pettigrew, Ron's mouse from last year. 

"PETER?" My breath slows down, but the horrible feeling of panic settles down in me.  

The cauldron in front of me and Harry is boiling. Peter drops a small figure into it. My scar begins to ache horribly. 

"Bone from the father, unwillingly, given." Peter's voice shakes. I convulse in disgust at the cauldron. The bone drops into the cauldron with a splash as the cauldron begins to steam.  

"Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed." I never thought Peter would maim himself, he seemed like too much of a coward. His screams rang in my ears and my scar hurt to the point where I almost felt blinded.  

His face snapped to me and Harry.  

"Blood, of the enemy, forcefully taken." He first made his way to Harry and cut some blood from his wrist. His screams of pain horrified me. Then he came over to me and cut mine too. It was so painful. He went over and poured it in the cauldron. I felt faint.