Chapter 46: Cedric's Goodbye

I finally fall asleep soon after it hits 2 a.m. In the morning, the sunlight hitting my eyes causes me to wake up. I am met by a smirking Tyler next to my bed. 

I don't have the energy to say anything and just stare hopelessly in space.  

"Well hello Snow. It's lovely to see you." I sigh and close my eyes. 

"What do you want Tyler. Shouldn't you be shipped over with your father to go to old Voldy." 

He simply smirked and said nothing. 

"GOD! I knew it. I knew you were still a fucking death eater. But you know what's funny? Your dad wasn't there. That means he's gonna be killed, right?" I smile at the thought. 

"Oh, you wish." He stands up and forces my chin up to face him. "He's on a special mission for Voldemort. He says he can't WAIT to see you again." I force my face out of his hands and he begins chuckling like a maniac.  My face must fall in shock cause he smiles in pleasure at my face. I am scared to find out what his psychotic plan would be.   

He leaves, the smirk never leaving his face. I look at the calender next to me. It reads the date January 12th. I realize it's Mattheo's birthday. I scoff at the thought. Today was also Cedric's funeral. His goodbye. His parents are still in tears. Cho is cut off, and his friends are calling for the blood.  

Me and Harry are out of the hospital now. I'm staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I see my chin trembling as I fix my black attire and bun. A few tears fall out of my eyes. I caught Harry crying on his bed earlier, but I kept it together until I reached the restroom. All my emotions were flooding out. My sadness, grief, anger, everything. 

I step out and see hundreds of students quietly marching out to the courtyard for the funeral

I step out and see hundreds of students quietly marching out to the courtyard for the funeral. I stay behind. If I go, everything that has happened in the last few days will be set in stone. Not just these past few days, this whole year. I don't want to face that reality. The hallways slowly empty out as everyone makes their way to the courtyard. When it seems like no one is around I let out a huge sigh of relief and tug at my hair. I hear a few footsteps and turn around. Mattheo is in a black suit for the funeral. I look at him before trying to head outside. 

"Snow, wait." He pulls me back by my wrist and puts me in front of him. He stares into my eyes for a moment, as if trying to think of the right things to say. His eyes look puffy and his eyes are glassy, as if he was recently crying. "I'm sorry."  

I scoff and look to the side. "You're acting as if that's going to fix everything." 

"I- I know it's not. But Snow, what could I do? My father is just... cruel, vile, and evil, he will stop for NO ONE, not even me, to achieve his goals." 

"YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICE! Where are you going after everyone leaves Hogwarts this year?" He pauses and doesn't answer. "I knew it, you're still a dick. You're gonna go back to your father and your stupid death eater friends!"