Chapter 28: Mattheo's dorm

After I finally composed myself, I started feeling embarrassment and tried to leave. 

"I should go. We'll figure out something in the morning. Uhm.... I'm so sorry. Once again."   I stand to get up but he doesn't let me leave just yet. 

"Hey. Stop apologizing, you did nothing wrong, AT ALL!" 

"Stop sugar coating it, ok? I know I did. I mean, Harry's gonna feel horrible when the finds out, and Sirius might do something stupid, I dunno." 

"I don't blame you. And whatever, stupid Loren did was messed up. I'm genuinely sorry that he did that to you. He deserves hell for that, and much more." 

"I just- I don't know what to do. I'm gonna have to see him tomorrow, and everyone's coming back and I- I don't know what to do next I-" I was starting to lose control again, but before he could see my cry I again I turned around and quickly tried to calm myself down. 

"Hey, it's fine. You shouldn't be embarrassed." He turned me around, hugging me again. 

"I don't know what to say in this kinda situation, so I'm just doing what I read in books heh." 

"At least you're trying." I can't help but laugh. I know Mattheo is just trying to help. 

"Uhm.... I'm gonna sound like a child when I say this but.... I'm too scared to head to my room." 

"You don't sound stupid. I mean after what you've been through I don't blame you, I'd feel the same. I can walk you there if you want." 

"No, I mean, the Ravenclaw dorms are close to the Gryffindor ones... I don't-" 

"Oh I see. Well it's fine we'll just... figure something out. Yeah. We'll figure something out." He smiled before leading us both to the edge of the astronomy tower. The snow had stopped, and the wind was just perfect.  

It was nice for a few moments, seeing the snow on the ground and trees, and the wind blowing slightly in my face. After a bit though, I started being anxious. Since Mattheo has been learning "people skills" around me, he's learned that COMFORTING people instead of making them feel worse is the norm. Amazing right? 

He tried reassuring me by holding my hand, I looked up at him when he did so, but he wasn't looking at me, but simply smiling and looking down at the snow. 

"Come on, let's go," he suddenly says. 

"Go where?" 

"To my dorm. You don't seem comfortable going to yours. I don't mind, I have a pretty big room." 

"Uh, you sure? What are we gonna do about the bed situation? You only have one and there's no couch, and there is no way you're sleeping on the floor!" 

"Are you trying to hint at something Snow." GOD, he's such a flirt! "Why I'd love to share a bed with you!" 

"RIDDLE GOD DAMN IT! We're FRIENDS! Remember? We're not gonna be touching, it's just for this one night cause of... well you know." 

His face tenses when he heard what I said. He rolled his eyes and looked away. "Right, friends." 

I stopped to think about this for a moment. Did I really just see him as a friend? No. Not really. He knew what I was feeling somehow, and he understood, not just one thing, but most things. I could never see anyone who understood me like that, one who brought me comfort and was there when I needed them, a friend.  

"Uhm. Look. I'm sorry, that came out wrong. Look, I'll be honest, I don't... know, what I'm feeling for you right now." I move his hand, moving him to face me. His eyes light up with a small sliver of hope. "I just can't think like that. And you know what everyone will say, a Riddle and a Potter together." 

"Yeah... right. I understand, Snow, I really do. Just- oh nevermind." 

"No- tell me. Come on" 

"This is gonna sound cringy, god damn it." 

"I think that's acceptable here, come on."  

"I'm not confused. I know what I feel about you, ok?" His hand reach for mine as he draws circles on them, while trying to find the right words of what to say. He doesn't look up at me. "I do care about you, and I don't consider you as just a friend, that's just not possible. I want us to be more." 

I was shocked at his words. I looked up at him, but he didn't. 

"Let's go sleep." He walked away and I quickly caught up to his pace. When we made it to the dorms, I freshened up and just layed down on the bed. He came on the other side. This was awkward.... I moved the edge as far as I could, although if I was being honest, I didn't really mind. He stayed right where he was. 

"Night Snow." 

"Night." 

There was a tense silence after that before Mattheo turned the lights off. I turned on my side, away from him and went to sleep, thinking about tonight's events. 

THANKS FOR READING! Things are finally starting to develop.... This chapter is short but sweet hehe. Please vote! It helps a lot. Go eat some fruit in the sunset or whatever, idk. 

Word count: 884