Chapter 19:

Burning

the smell of smoke stung at my nose and my eyes screwed shut as I felt flames licking at my skin.

It was my 11th life, the one where I was burned being accused of witchcraft. I was just unfortunate to have been born a red head at the time, since those old bastards would use any excuse to accuse women of eating children, my red hair sent me strait to get publicly executed. my one regret was watching him struggle against the guards, trying to get to me.

I have to relive that feeling all over. Was this my punishment? Was this what I have gotten for not saving anyone, for not appreciating the generous opportunity of rebirth I have received?

They said they did this because they were bored.

Are the gods really abandoning me?

Like I abandoned him?

The pain didn't stop, but my screams couldn't be let out. I give up.

I'm so tired, 

I'm so fucking tired. 

It hurts, each life, its the same loop. 

I-

Can't even get attached, everyone  dies, or I end up dying before them, And I will be the ONLY one, who will ever remember them. Who will remember him.

.

.

.

*GASP*

cool air rushed through my lungs, freeing me from my mental jail. And I squint at the light shining through the car windshield. I feel as if I'm under water, only the pulsing of my heart to be felt and heard, stemming from my solar plexus. 

Once my body was settled, I slowly sit up, wincing as I feel a sharp pain In the said area. I move my fingers along the golden crack-like pattern that stemmed out like branches, my cold fingers giving me salvation from the pain.  

God fucking dammit

tf was that??

Timeskip

Don't even ask what's going on, because even I, do not have the energy to explain. 

After A gruelling stretch of time, and dealing with two Elena loving man children, even the wills of the strongest creatures can be reduced to dust.

To think I thought they were hot-

Groaning, I kick aside Damon's body, whose neck I had snapped to stop him from being the impulsive asshole that he was, and killing mason.
Turning to the said werewolf I simply roll my eyes and begin to unlock the chains around him. 

mason simply stares at me with gratitude and confusion, huffing from the burns Damon gave him. 

Jeremy, no longer stunned from my sudden entrance swiftly runs to me and shouts in confusion.

"Val wait! are you crazy? he's a werewolf, are you out of you're mind!" He begins to pull at my arm. Annoyed I shrug him off, turning to face him and placing both of my arms firmly on his shoulder.

"YOU are the fucking stupid one Remy! are you an idiot? you sided with Damon, DAMON! of all the people you could side with." he goes to reply, but I quickly and painlessly karate chop his neck, nocking him unconscious.

Mason looked at me with a smirk, still chained up. "So, on time I see, I almost thought I was a goner . . . " Rolling my eyes, I rip off the chains around him. "Well you are an idiot for ever doubting me" 

He chuckles and stands up stumbling a bit, and I go to hold him up. he just stares at me intently, before clearing hi throat and straightening back up. I smile and gesture to his ride that was parked outside the boarding house. "you should head out, I've got everything set up, and I've made sure to leave the letter for Tyler where you told me. I would recommend laying low for now, shits about to hit the fan from what I've seen" He pauses, then runs towards me pulling me into a kiss.

Damn, I do be getting bitches ngl

Pulling away, he starts "Thanks V, If you hadn't got to me when you did, who knows what would have happened. I- . . . . Here my number if you EVER need anything" and before I could reply, he shoves a piece of paper into my hand and runs out of the house, driving off moments later, I am still stood there, too stunned to speak. 

Shrugging, I turn around, setting up the illusion, which will trick everyone into thinking mason is dead, using a clone from mason to replace him. When Damon and Jeremy wake up, things will happen as it did in the show, only that mason's clone will be the one to die. 

Vamp speeding out, I decide to grab a smoothie from the grill. 

What a long day

Authors note-

guys I'm so sorry this is short, My rabbits got eaten by a stoat 3 days ago😢

I made them little graves. . . 

RIP Captain and Ruby