Chapter 21: Hello Elijah

As I watch him intently, my heart races.

FUCK, stop simping god dammit

Our eyes lock for what seems like hours, and I suck in my breath. Trevor gulps from beside me, I feel him shuffle nervously. Like in the series, Elijah Speeds to Elena, sniffing her neck momentarily, strangely, my heart clenches.

He pulls back and pauses, surprise clouding his eyes. 

"Human . . . .  impossible" He then grins down at her.

Strangely, I feel the protective urge to shield Elena. 

OH FRICK, I'm turning out like the rest of the scooby gang.

"Please step away from her" I calmly say to him, pulling Elena behind me. Elijah's eyes flicker to me , he slightly tilts his head, observing me. I huff.

"look, I'm sure you could've heard her heartbeat, instead of sniffing her," I glare, I'm also strangely mad at myself for siding with Elena, cus who wouldn't be?

He pulls at his suit cuff not breaking eye contact, Moving up in front of me. Tenderly, he brings up his hand to my face and pulls off my masquerade mask that sat loosely on my face. His brown eyes stare into mine in wonder.

"Hello there," He whispers out to me, his breath hitting my face. 

As much as this moment warms my heart, confusion slightly clouded my face as I tilted my head slightly. Elijah realises what he was doing and clears his throat, before straightening up and speaking.
"We have a long journey ahead of us, we should be going" Elena gasps and pushes past me and Elijah, turning to rose. "PLEASE, don't let him take me." Her eyes pleading as rose looks uncomfortable. Elijah just ignores her. 
"One last piece of business and then we're done" he glances at me before swiftly turning around, slowly walking to Trevor, who is stood looking at the floor and frozen in place.

"I've waited so long for the moment, Elijah. Truly . . .  very sorry" 
"you're apology is not necessary" Elijah slowly circles him, My heart beats in my chest, I can hear Trevor's choked breaths.

"Yes, yes it is. . . . . . You trusted me with Katerina, and I failed you" Moments pass, Elijah still circles him. 
"well yes, you are the guilty one, And rose followed you, because she was loyal to you, that- I honour" He stops, and walks up in front of him, eyeing Trevor. "Where was you're loyalty?"

Trevor's eyes widen, and he glances up at Elijah. "I-I Beg you're forgiveness"

Elijah grins "so granted" 
Before he could move his hand, I shout.

"STOP" everyone turns to me, and rose lets out a breath she was holding. Elijah, turns around fully to face me, "Pardon?" He stares at me in curiosity.

I suck in my breath and speak, Elena grips my hand tightly. "Elijah, I heard you're a man of honour, Who keeps his word. So spare him, as you will rose, After all, You did give her you're word. Killing him will bring you no good" He pauses, contemplating the idea momentarily, before slowly turning to face Trevor. "Very well" He then turns to rose and Trevor. "you are pardoned" 

The two Light up and rose has tears streaming down her face in happiness, the two going into a tight embrace, making me smile. I feel Elijah's gaze, but I choose to ignore it as the two look towards me, I gesture them to leave with a smile, and the hesitate.

Elijah turns and starts walking towards me and Elena, gently taking my hand, while gesturing to Elena "Come, let us leave."
Before I could even blink, Elena blurts out "n-NO, WHAT ABOUT THE MOONSTONE," I swiftly turn to glare at her, and smack her hand "You damn idiot" I hiss at her, she stares at me with fear.