Chapter 31: Cinderella Fetish (pt 1)

I slept in today, And let me tell you, and I mean this when I say it, I AM SO FUCKING ENERGISED.

The Grass is greener, my music is better, and the grill smells 10 times better than it usually does. 
I jump off my bike with a little hop and almost skip in. 
I sigh, seeing Caroline wave me over, as she sat next to Elena, I smile, walking over stiffly.

TODAY WAS MY ELENA FREE DAY . . . . It's alright, suck it up for Care bear.

 I sit down next to the two. "Hey girls. What's the tea?"
Elena looks around, before leaning over. "Esther sent me an invitation to the Mikaelson ball, saying she wants to meet me . . . "

I gasp, acting shocked, before turning to Caroline, Excited to hear about the kickstart to my fave ship, Klaroline.
"How about you Care? anything this shocking?"

She shrugs. "Honestly, No . . . But I am invited, I'll be going with Tyler."
I stop breathing. "Nothing . . . . from any original?"
Care shakes her head. "No?"

I gulp and smile, turning to Elena. "So why do you think she invited you?"
Elena thinks, worry on her face. "Honestly . . . . I don't know, That's why I plan to find out."
Caroline furrows her eyebrows. "I thought you told Stefan and Damon you weren't going?"

"Which is more of a reason to have a drama free bodyguard?" Elena turns to me, eyes suggestive. I grunt, slightly annoyed, but I roll my eyes. 
"FINE, but can't you go with Stefan? isn't he, like, your boyfriend?"

Elena goes quiet. Caroline turns to me. "She made out with Damon."
I choke on the water I was about to drink and set it down violently. "WHAT,"

NO, Wait . . . Stefan didn't turn his humanity off, he was here, with her, The WHOLE time, How could she fall in love with Damon? I AM SO CONFUSED

Elena looks at Caroline in surprise, who just sighed, "Bonnie spilt the beans."

Elena looked between the two of us. "I SWEAR I was going to tell you guys, its just, things have been so hectic-"

I look at her. "El, Though I am mad that you didn't tell us, what I'm more mad about is that you kissed Damon, WHILE you were still with Stefan. . . . What did he do wrong?"

Elena goes silent, before turning to me. "Look Val, things are just so hard for me right now, I, can't deal with this stress."

I stare at her, dumbfounded, Caroline also doing the same. "El, Both the Salvatores, they are my friends, Okay? You did NOT just say things have been hard for you, when Stefan and Damon are fighting each other, because you suddenly don't know who to choose. You are playing with their hearts, and unless you have a VERY good reason, choose one, and stop leading them on."

I stare at her, Elena's face goes slightly sour. 

Caroline speaks up. "YEAH! Stefan is LITERALLY perfect! why would you do that? He's honest with you and he thinks of you as capable of making your own decision." 
"Careful girls, next thing you know, she's going to rip you apart, like the snake she is, and stab you in the back."

Elena gets all sassy as she turns to face Rebekah. "What are YOU doing here, you know your mum's rules, no murdering the locals."
Rebekah rolls her eyes. "Get OVER yourself Elena, it's not all about you." Rebekah turns to me, handing me a invitation.