Chapter 25: Love?

"The old Fell property starts just beyond that fence."
Jenna, Elijah and I were out, Jenna points to different spaces, talking about it's historical importance etc . . .

"AHH the Fells, One of the founding families." 

Jenna looks at him confused. "Why do you say it like that ?" 
Elijah chuckles. "My research showed me that this area was settled almost 2 full centuries earlier. There was a migration of townspeople from the northeast, It was Salem to be precise" 

"Massachusetts, as in, the witch trials?" Jenna asks, in curiosity.
"Yep Jen, It ALSO mean, The so called 'founding families' Never actually FOUND anything" 
Elijah Glances at me, A look of pride on his face.
Jenna looks over at me. "Well I bet it was the men, who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. They are very territorial." Jenna points out to me, and I snicker.

Elijah look over at an approaching figure. "Apparently so . . . "

Alaric walks towards us, and Jenna has a pained face. "oh-um Elijah this is my FRIEND Alaric Saltzman," 
Alaric comes over, the atmosphere is awkward. "uh, yeah I got you're message about walking Elijah through the old property line, So I thought I would, uhh tag along. Yknow, being a history buffer and all."

We all just stand there awkwardly. Alaric raises his arms. "So, where too next?"

Elijah clears his throat. "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners."

I nod, "Some say the descendants of the slaves, are the true keepers of American history."
Elijah turns his head and smiles at me. "Precisely."

Jenna steps back, "I only brought the surveys, I've got that list in my car, Just gimme a sec." 
She then heads off to the car. Alaric watches as Jenna walks away.

"Alaric Saltzman" Alaric turns around and faces him, I just stand awkwardly, almost choking on the testosterone in the air.
Elijah grins. "you're one of the people on Elena's loved ones to protect." Alaric nods his head slightly, "Yeah, So is Jenna."

Elijah quirks his eyebrow. "You don't have to be jealous, I rarely pursue younger women." He looks at him with a smirk.
A few seconds later, Elijah sighs "It's a Joke rick, Lighten up" before patting him on the shoulder, grabbing my hand and walking past him.

I turn to Elijah as we walk. "Hold up, Elijah? aren't you like 1000 years old?"
He glances at me. "Yes?"

"I doubt you've ever found a woman older than you-" 
He chuckles, "Yes well it was just to tick off your friend, now I have a woman I like, and she's a lot younger," He grins at me.

I roll my eyes. "well Geez, I'm sure 99.99% of the women out there are MUCH younger than you"
He smiles wider, and I walk beside him, laughing to myself.

.

.

.

"Okay Elijah, have you ever tried French fries, Dipped in a Chocolate milkshake?"
The thought makes my mouth water as Jenna, Elijah and I, all walk into the grill.

"I can't say I have" Elijah say, he sounds like he was enjoying the conversation, occasionally chuckling. I turn to him dumbfounded.
"WHAT! That settles it, I am going to at least have you taste it, that way, you can die in peace, knowing you haven't missed out."

Elijah Smiles widely. "I can't wait."

Jenna chuckles. "Well geez Val, What a great way to scare out town's guest."

I roll my eyes. "He CLEARLY loves me already. Right Elijah?" 
Elijah looks at me tenderly, "Of course, I must say, I am smitten," 

I laugh, grabbing a menu on the way in and turning to the two. "So? where should we sit?"