Chapter 3 (Unstable)

Chapter 3: Unstable

Ethan Warren

March 2023

10 months after outbreak

Minnesota

Season 2

-------------------------------

Olivia died two hours later. I killed her before she could come back. Khai took care of Juna for most of that night. Rudi wasn't fit to be her dad yet.

"Her head's perfectly shaped. She's really healthy," Edin informed me. I know she was just trying to find the light in the darkness. It was almost dawn now and none of us had really slept.

Juna slept through, she slept a lot. Especially when we got back into the van and resumed our search for a new home. She slept peacefully in Rudi's arms.

The snow was starting to melt now, we were lucky we didn't have a very intense March, at least not weather wise.

"Olivia had blonde hair, but she has dark brown," Edin pointed out.

"Baby's sometimes have different colored hair when they're born but maybe her biological father had really dark hair, " Ashton inferred. Rudi didn't say much, he just stared resentfully at his new daughter in his arms. I felt bad for Rudi, he's lost a lot. He lost his little brother even before any of this started. His father refused to move to the United States when he and his mother did before third grade. And his mother abandoned him and he was forced to live with his uncle. Now there were too many people he cared about dying right in front of him. But there would be more, and he knew that.

We still haven't decided where we were going, I figured we'd just go where the road takes us. But I was 100% open to any suggestions.